Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-30-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Bot for joining SNGs

Can someone please write a bot for joining SNGs? It would keep "n" tables open at a time, starting a new one when you leave one of the tables, placing it in a certain place on your screens. I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Bot for joining SNGs

Isn't there already some sort of 'open.exe' file or something that does this already?

I swear I've seen people babble on about it before in this forum.

I'd have the ForumBot do a search and find the thread for you but it's currently making me PROFIT, BITCH, at the tables.

Yugoslav
Old 03-30-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please write a bot for joining SNGs? It would keep "n" tables open at a time, starting a new one when you leave one of the tables, placing it in a certain place on your screens. I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything even similar to this available? Would be nice having something handy joining new tables and leaving when finished to data-mine.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything even similar to this available? Would be nice having something handy joining new tables and leaving when finished to data-mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote a stupid little script to automatically click the checkbox -- I wonder how tough it would be to take it to the next level.

Hmmmm...
Old 03-30-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote a stupid little script to automatically click the checkbox -- I wonder how tough it would be to take it to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly can you manipulate the interface with party via a Bot (i.e., have it play/click things for you)? I'm a compsci major and can do a lot in c++/java/etc but I haven't the faintest clue how to do something like this. Any help appreciated, thanks.

-Kings
Old 03-30-2005, 06:37 PM

wow you guys are lazy...
Old 03-30-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly can you manipulate the interface with party via a Bot (i.e., have it play/click things for you)? I'm a compsci major and can do a lot in c++/java/etc but I haven't the faintest clue how to do something like this. Any help appreciated, thanks.

-Kings

[/ QUOTE ]

Just grab window handles and such and send them window messages at the Windows API level. You're pretty much forced into C++ for something like this, or a scripting language that access something that's written in C++ (i.e., AutoHotKey)
Old 03-30-2005, 06:59 PM

We can't all have your youthful energy Raptor. The 24th b-day hits you like a ton of bricks...then the arthritis sets in.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

-Kings

Just grab window handles and such and send them window messages at the Windows API level. You're pretty much forced into C++ for something like this, or a scripting language that access something that's written in C++ (i.e., AutoHotKey)

[/ QUOTE ]

If only I knew what you meant by that...

Sorry, for a CS major I'm pretty computer-illiterate. In other words, I'd appreciate if you broke that down for me. How to I control things at the windows API level? I can write and compile my code here but I have no idea how to code something in C++ to control windows objects. Thanks, sorry if this is bothering you.

-Kings
Old 03-30-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would pay $49.95 for it, perhaps many others would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone else?
If enough people are willing to cough up some change I'll be willing to share the luxury of automated table entry. I think $50 is a little steep though.

What I have is not retail-ready, but it does the job and a little motivation ($$$) could get me to make it more user-friendly.