Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Best Run Stories?

I don't post much on here, actually I just lurk around but I was curious to see what was the biggest or best run any individual has had playing tournaments over a course of a day, days, or a week.

Last summer my roommate owed me $75 dollars so instead of paying me in cash he put it in my idle Party poker account. I wasn't really strapped for cash so I just messed around with it playing a few 10 to 30 dollar tournaments. I preceded to win or place in 3 of 4 them. I had the whole weekend off, so I just continued to play, parlaying what I won into 30 to 50 to 100 dollar tourneys. It was pretty amazing. I seemed to place in almost every tourney, and if I didnt in one, I would come in first or second in another. I ended up playing 3 200+15 tourneys at one time, winning one, coming in 3rd in the other, and not placing in the other. In the matter of like 36 hours I had turned that 75 dollars into 1900. It was one of the most amazing runs I had ever made, was curious if you guys had any stories of that nature.
Thanks guys, appreciate all the posts on here. Great reading material

SethMoney
Old 02-11-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Best Run Stories?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't post much on here, actually I just lurk around but I was curious to see what was the biggest or best run any individual has had playing tournaments over a course of a day, days, or a week.

Last summer my roommate owed me $75 dollars so instead of paying me in cash he put it in my idle Party poker account. I wasn't really strapped for cash so I just messed around with it playing a few 10 to 30 dollar tournaments. I preceded to win or place in 3 of 4 them. I had the whole weekend off, so I just continued to play, parlaying what I won into 30 to 50 to 100 dollar tourneys. It was pretty amazing. I seemed to place in almost every tourney, and if I didnt in one, I would come in first or second in another. I ended up playing 3 200+15 tourneys at one time, winning one, coming in 3rd in the other, and not placing in the other. In the matter of like 36 hours I had turned that 75 dollars into 1900. It was one of the most amazing runs I had ever made, was curious if you guys had any stories of that nature.
Thanks guys, appreciate all the posts on here. Great reading material

SethMoney

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a pretty good one.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:36 PM

My best SnG run was 5 straight wins in the $20's. Last night I had a nice run at the 6 max NL tables though. In the span of about an hour, I ran $100 into $600 via lots of AA vs. KK or QQ, floppings sets vs. overpairs, hitting flushes, straights, or whatever else. Nirvana.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:13 AM

My bird-brained Son and his idiot-savant friend turned a $250 poker-tourny buyin into $19,000 in one night in Mesquite,Nv.....They then turned the nineteen-large into ATM run for more $$$ by dawn....No broads...Sweet!
Old 02-12-2005, 03:58 AM

In Late january 2004, I Had gone on a losing streak of about 11k in 2 weeks after making 13k in 10 days before that, but had cahed out 8k of it to pay bills. I owed a friend online 3k, we had a ton of bills, I was working 3 jobs to pay for the baby that had just come, and my wife had to quit her job with a pharmaceutical company and was wondering if she could still work in the industry after being slandered by a co-worker. I had $52 in my Party poker account, and was broke everywhere else. This was the last amount of $$$ I would be able to deposit for a long time.
I got on a 1-2 NL cash table on PP. Right away, i lost $18 when a guy beat my kings with fours when I went allin preflop and he called me. Luckily, he only had $18, so that's all I lost, or my life could very well be very different right now...
A couple hands later, I had $28 left, and went allin for the last 16 of it on the river holding jack high, fairly certain I could get the same guy to lay down his hand. He did. Now had $45 or so, and by the end of the night, I had won $242. I decided to play a $55 SNg, lost, then played a $100 SNG, and got 2nd place. I played some 5-10 and ran the $$$ into about 750, and I played a couple $200's on PP, expecting the games to be tough. They were'nt at all, but I still lost those 2. Never one for bankroll concerns, I played another $215 and won it. Over the next couple of days, I worked the $$$ up to $2000, and tried playing 2 at a time. That was no problem, so I went to 4 right away and saw no discernable dropoff in my earn. I ended up making 11k+ in february in only 140 or so tourneys, and I was averaging $70 per for my first 300 $200+15's. I can't say I haven't looked back since, but I am positive things would not be nearly as good for me as they are right now if that guy happened to call an $18 bluff.

Bad as I run at times, I try to look back on this as the beginning of my best run ever.

P.S. Also, I ended up doing well enough at these to quit my job selling tires and make as much by the middle of april as I had made the whole previous year, Climaxing at me being about +95k by mid-july. So $28 to 95k in <6 months.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 AM

That's a cool story. $18 man...nice.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:04 AM

I lost about 12 buy ins today. It seems like everytime I go in with a decent hand, I'd either be up against a bigger hand that standds up or against a dominated hand that sucks out. I know I'm not playing loose because I'm only seeing 17% of flops right now, including free peeks from the blinds.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:28 AM

17% is WAY too high.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:55 AM

What do you consider to be a good percentage outside of blinds?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:07 AM

ugh, well, i play prolly tighter than anyone else early, and looser than anyone else late. sooooo, i duno a percentage, but it would be very low. i just clicked on my show statistics button for my short session, 2233 hands, 10% flop seen. thats counting all the pushing that i do towards the end getting called. sooo, i say quit playin suited connectors, and fold AQ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]