Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Best online sttes for stud/8

Hi all,

Did a search but didn't find an answer. What are best sites to play stud/8 online. I don't like party because of the high ante structure. Are there any sites with decent traffic and a reasonable ante? Thank you very much.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Best online sttes for stud/8

stars
Old 01-19-2005, 01:31 PM

I play on Paradise sometimes. They don’t get that much traffic but do have a 0 ante, $0.50/$1 game that goes most of the time.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:43 PM

I like Stars for stud8 because there is such a variety of games that you can play for almost any stake. You can play for pennies to learn the ropes or you can play for some serious money as well. The antes are all vey reasonable on Stars as well.

Another part about PS that I like is the stud8 tournaments that they offer. They run fairly frequently $1, $10+$1, and $20+$2 buy-in tournaments. Also the $5+$0.50 stud8 sit and goes fill up fairly regularly. I think the longest Ive waited was 15 minutes and its much shorter than that on average. Those sit and goes are mighty juicy as well...lots of very inexperienced players in those sit and goes.

Aicirt
Old 01-19-2005, 04:27 PM

that paradise game is a pain in the ass! everybody realizes how tight one may play with no ante, and the 4th st% is sometimes as low as 20%. which would be beautiful if there was ever anything in the pot to steal, but there isn't.

as soon as you step up to 2-4 on paradise, the antes huge, there's no normal ante game on the site.

if you can actually get on the .50/1 table while it's loose, and before everyone else jumps on it, the game stays good for about an hour. but it's just not worth it to me at that level anymore.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you can actually get on the .50/1 table while it's loose, and before everyone else jumps on it, the game stays good for about an hour. but it's just not worth it to me at that level anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough. It’s not bad if you can catch a loose table, but like you said, it doesn’t last that long.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:31 PM

actually i would still recommend party despite their ante structure, the games are better than on pstars for sure

the 1/2 on party has a 25 cent ante and 50 cent bring-in which is not unreasonable... you will have to play more marginal hands and steal more often, but hey thats poker

the 3/6 on party is pretty much perfect in terms of structure (50 cent ante, dollar bring-in)

mike
Old 01-19-2005, 09:46 PM

Try pokerroom- 10c ante 1/2 stud, 4th% normally above 50, no stud 8, but GREAT games.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try pokerroom- 10c ante 1/2 stud, 4th% normally above 50, no stud 8, but GREAT games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

Mostly playing Stud/8 but do play some High only.

I think I have account there but it’s been a long, long time since I played there.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:07 AM

pokerroom games are sooooft. always 3 or 4 people who will play anything. didnt know i was sitting with other 2+2ers though. i'll watch out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]