Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 11:06 PM

Default 5 + 1 Party Hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed)

UTG+1 (t975)
MP1 (t1540)
MP2 (t1415)
MP3 (t730)
CO (t105)
Button (t1030)
SB (t710)
Hero (t770)
UTG (t725)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t30</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls t30.

Turn: (t120) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t200</font>

Do you:

A) Fold
B) Call for possible implied odds and weak opponent
C) Raise all in
___
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed)

UTG (t685)
MP (t2000)
Button (t2660)
SB (t1650)
Hero (t1005)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, MP folds, Button calls t100, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t400) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks

Do you:
A) Bet approx. 1/3 of your stack (350'ish)
B) Build a pot with a minimum bet, hoping to avoid flush draws on the board
C) Push all in

In my mind, I made a mistake both times, but I was fortunate in both scenarios

Results below:

<font color="white">1) Hero calls on the turn, Jd spikes on the river, and Hero checks after villain, fearing the check-raise. Villain shows J9 for straight on the flop, and MHIG

2) Hero pushes all in to hopefully take down the pot and scare off flush draws, hopefully warranting a call from KJ or KT by a weak player. Villain (Button) calls with 9h8h. 9 hits on turn, 5 hits on river, and thankfully MHIG</font>
Old 09-11-2004, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 5 + 1 Party Hands

First hand, I'd call. The river could bring you a lot of good, or he could believe you are not all that serious with such small bets and attempting to steal it. You do NOT push all in. I assure you at this level he will call.

Second hand, a pot sized bet is good. A flush draw calling you is very bad odds for them and do you expect king/5 to have called out of the SB?