Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: 3/6 AK hand

with no reads I bet the turn every time. We def. don't hate it and at 3/6 everyone amd their mother peels the flop.

That being said, if i bet and he raised the turn, I check/call the river.

If he called turn and raised the river, I guess I fold but that depends on how many keyboards I had broke earlier that day.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 AM

This turn seems like a pretty easy check with outs situation. For the people that like betting do we really have that much FE with a pre flop cold caller and a board like this?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This turn seems like a pretty easy check with outs situation. For the people that like betting do we really have that much FE with a pre flop cold caller and a board like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I was wondering. I was seriously 50/50 between checking and betting.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:20 PM

With no reads, you're hoping he isnt a bluffer and hasn't just made you fold to his JT(or very aggressive).

However, Vs a solid tag this line is perfecto.

Why?
AJ will raise we fold the worst hand.
Jacks+other crap won't have raised so we make $ from value bet.
Flushes will raise - We fold losing hand.

Win when ahead, Fold when behind.

JT's will call this normally so they call with losing hand... Ahh its just such a sexy line, it really is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Only problem here clayton, is you've no read... So you better hope he isn't raising as a bluff or being super aggressive with Jx. I doubt he is... So its perfecto.

Nice hand.

Edit: Oh the turn check is an easy check IMO, Hardly any FE vs two guys on this board and paying two to see the river with our draw really does blow.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I was wondering. I was seriously 50/50 between checking and betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our fold equity is pretty poor against 2 players on a drawy board. I like the check.

I'd pay off the river raise though; AQ and "I don't believe you have an ace so I'm going to raise my jack" are both possible after you check the turn IMO.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 PM

Flop: bet/call, continuation bet with two overs with a gutshot and a bdfd

Turn: bet/call, just picked up the nut flush draw

River: check/call, don't let AJ/AT/KQ get two bets from you, but you'll probably win a bet from AQ/KJ and you might induce a bluff from a worse hand
Old 12-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Hey where are the reads, buddy christ? I think I bet call this turn because we know nothing about button- which means he might have cc w/ low PP, A2s, etc. We also have the nutflush draw, gutshot and 2 overs- more than enough to make sure one bet goes on, call a raise, and try to steal the pot without hitting. On the river getting 11:1 I'd call and see what our boy is playing- then on your next hand you can say something like 'called pf w/ 44 and slowplayed flop'. Plus I honestly think we're good 1 in 12 vs an unknown.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:19 AM

I'd call the river for the reason Redd mentioned in addition to that you have the top [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which makes it somewhat less likely that he has a flush. Also CC'ers are generally bad players.