Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Break out the girdle?

MP player limps, HJ limps, I limp in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB completes, BB checks.

SB has seemed to be at least a semireasonable player, which basically means I haven't noticed him doing anything weird and his stats are like 16/7.

Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb bets HJ calls, I raise, SB calls, HJ calls.

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, HJ folds, I call (if HJ calls I'm more likely to raise)

river is a T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb bets, I call.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Break out the girdle?

s'ok
Old 12-08-2005, 01:32 AM

I want to say raise the river, but i'm not sure why I want to say that. His turn donk could be so many things, including a flush.

Whats the blind structure? In other words how wide is his preflop completion range? If this is 2/3, his turn donk could be a smaller 3, 97, some 7 thats betting the scare card. 9x with a big spade is also possible, and the flop bet was hoping that board missed everybody else.

The more I think about I think a player like this will bet severaly worse hand on the river, will probably call with most of them, and won't 3bet unless you're toast.

I like raise/fold on the river, but i'm eager to hear what smarter people think.

lf
Old 12-08-2005, 01:58 AM

id usually wait for the tuirn to raise as youll prob only get one raise in on this board... other than that this is standard.
dont see whyd you want to raise the buig streets after spade gets there, id just call down.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
s'ok

[/ QUOTE ]

THat's how I felt about this line, just that it was ok. I just wasn't quite comfortable raising for whatever reason but I think I should have put more money in on this hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the blind structure?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2

Raise the river has merit. Even if he now has the flush I'm saying I can beat it. The question is, what of the hands you named (besides a 3) calls a river raise.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:25 PM

I think he bet/calls a lot of his 2pair hands, and certainly any 3. He has no reason to think you have much of anything and a river raise would look really weird. I would be more concerend with the river raise looking so weird that he 3bets it lite. I really doubt that would happen though.

lf
Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 AM

Need to find one more raise on the turn or the river I think. I know his stats scream tight to you, but the way you played the hand on the flop you may have confused him. He could easily have a hand like a worse 3 or 2 pair and wanted to lead the turn to see if you were raising on the come. He could also have baby spades as well and didn't want to have the turn checked through when the spade hit. I think the best line would be to raise the river, he can't make it 3 bets w/o a complete monster, and he is definitely going to call b/c it would seem so weird.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 AM

I guess i shuold have. He had 98s (wtf) and my hand was good.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:09 AM

I sometimes have to remind myself that turn donks aren't always planned by the villain on the flop. It is often a turned second pair, or in this case turned top pair.