Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:03 AM

Default It\'s called a showdown...

So we're 4 handed at the Wynn, one guy proposes we do a showdown, where we all put in $x and get cards and see who wins (and the button stays in the same spot for the next hand)

So we do 3.

First one for $15

board comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

As per agreement we flip cards one at a time. I flip a 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and bemoan by bad luck about the damn Q. Two more players flip over useless cards and the last guy flips over the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. We all flip and go to muck, as he turns over his last card. The Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Second one for $15 again.

board comes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I turn over worthless card, next guy turns over a 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] next guy turns over an A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], last guy turns over a J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I turn over the other worthless card, and the guy with the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] lays the 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] right next to it.

Last one we did for $30.

board comes 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I go first and flip the 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The next cards are 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I peek at my next card, and it's the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] doesn't get there and mhig.

That's right, on 3 blind pots we had quads, a flopped set, and a flopped straight.