Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 2-4 NL Semi Deep Stacks , How much?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet like 1/2 pot on the flop

if there are still 2 people on the turn go for the installment plan and bet half their stacks now and the rest on the river

if theres only one on the turn, go for a check-raise, or depending on his bet size, check-call, bet river (if his turn bet doesnt commit him)

[/ QUOTE ]

$210 in the pot on the flop with $530 behind and you want him to bet $105? This leaves him with $425 behind in a $420 pot on the turn (assuming 1 caller which I think is far more likely than 2-- with 2 callers, it easily all goes in on the turn no matter what gets bet on the flop).

Then you want him to checkraise the turn? If the turn gets checked through, it'll be real hard to get a PSB AI called on the river. Betting a little more on the flop makes it way easier to get the money in without requiring the villain to bet it for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is betting pot too much in your opponinion. I had been consitently betting flop pretty much 90% of the time yesterday. I felt if I didnt bet pot it would look suspicous......
Old 11-22-2005, 12:29 PM

alright 1/2 pot is not really good, in truth, i rarely bet 1/2 pot. pot is 210, i probably bet 150.

however, i really think he folds to most second barrels on the turn unless he

1) hits something, like a set or an A
2) has AA
3) has the case K

betting on the flop then checking the turn looks like missed overcards/mid-pocket giving up. most hands cant withstand heavy fire on this board, and if he has any of those 3 situations its going in regardless, but id rather let him fire with his TT on the turn thinking i gave up.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is betting pot too much in your opponinion. I had been consitently betting flop pretty much 90% of the time yesterday. I felt if I didnt bet pot it would look suspicous......

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't really the bet size as the fact that there are very few hands that can pay you off. Maybe somebody got frisky and stuck around with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but you're really hoping somebody has AA and puts you on AK. I think feigning weakness with a smaller bet can be good here as it will encourage QQ-TT to see another card or (better yet) make a play at the pot now. With the preflop action as it was, the only legitimate hand that pays you off is AA but if you can get somebody else to make an ill-timed play for the pot with something worse, that's greatly to your benefit.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM

make your regular bet.... if you have been betting strong with Wierd hands then bet strong... how do you normally bet your draws... I this case I bet the pot... maybe over bet, look likes a purchase... Bet atleast the pot, then the turn is easy check... all in on river, and hope it looks like another purchase... if you are playing with the same players for a long time, they would have caught on to how you bet, so bet like you do when you miss... although from what you said, you haven't been betting at all. The other options if they think you are a jackal, is to bet $70, same size bet as preflop, also looks like a continuation bet...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM

I had been betting a lot. But everytime i had a hand. Like i said i was on a rush. I was betting even when i missed. A few times people came over the top . but i was betting on all flops and betting pot. So i followed through. Upon rethinking i think 150 would have been way better. Even half the pot to entice QQ to come over to top....
Old 11-22-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright 1/2 pot is not really good, in truth, i rarely bet 1/2 pot. pot is 210, i probably bet 150.

however, i really think he folds to most second barrels on the turn unless he

1) hits something, like a set or an A
2) has AA
3) has the case K

betting on the flop then checking the turn looks like missed overcards/mid-pocket giving up. most hands cant withstand heavy fire on this board, and if he has any of those 3 situations its going in regardless, but id rather let him fire with his TT on the turn thinking i gave up.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the bet I'd choose. nice and clean.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:24 PM

i bet pot b/c i want to be able to do this with air. c/r allin on the turn.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet pot b/c i want to be able to do this with air. c/r allin on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you can bet 1/2 pot with air as well. I probably bet 120 or so, you have the deck crippled so let him think you are weak.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:32 PM

A check does look suspicious to US, but most people are so bad, and esp if youve been stacking people they will be more apt to make moves at the pot. You have the deck so crippled here I dont think there are many hand that pay off. I think if the flop gets checked through and you make a 1/2 pot bet on the turn, there is a decent chance someone will take a shot at you, whereas they may just fold on the flop