Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: One thing that would be sweet if the Colts went undefeated

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, we get sick of everyone fellating them every chance they get.

I love Brady, I think he's the best QB in the NFL. I don't love the fact that every announcer has a mancrush on him and feels the need to lick his balls on national TV. It's the same with Favre, Jeter, Belichick, Lance Armstrong, Tedy Bruschi, etc.

Yes, they're all exceptional athletes. So what? talk about the game some more, tell me about the players I don't know. I get tired of hearing about Brady, why not talk about Matt Light? Let me learn about him, or maybe Mike Vrabel. Just because he hasn't suffered a stroke doesn't mean he's not important.

Why did I hear all about Jeter in the Yankees' run, and not more about Bernie who was just as good if not better? Lemme hear about him, too.

Football more than baseball is a team sport. I get tired of hearing about the same people over and over again, and not just hearing about them, they're constantly glorified and worshipped.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh, that's a reasonable point.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, we get sick of everyone fellating them every chance they get.

I love Brady, I think he's the best QB in the NFL. I don't love the fact that every announcer has a mancrush on him and feels the need to lick his balls on national TV. It's the same with Favre, Jeter, Belichick, Lance Armstrong, Tedy Bruschi, etc.

Yes, they're all exceptional athletes. So what? talk about the game some more, tell me about the players I don't know. I get tired of hearing about Brady, why not talk about Matt Light? Let me learn about him, or maybe Mike Vrabel. Just because he hasn't suffered a stroke doesn't mean he's not important.

Why did I hear all about Jeter in the Yankees' run, and not more about Bernie who was just as good if not better? Lemme hear about him, too.

Football more than baseball is a team sport. I get tired of hearing about the same people over and over again, and not just hearing about them, they're constantly glorified and worshipped.

[/ QUOTE ]
eh, that's a reasonable point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the part about Brady being the Best QB in the NFL.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:18 AM

I hate Dungy, Manning, Edge, and the Colts.

But I hate those old Miami bittermen even more.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Could anything really be worse than the Brady/Bellichek/Pats vomit inducing crap that we've been putting up with for the last few years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rings = vomit??? (Favre might have been a better choice for your point which, as is, seems thin.)

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here's an example. The last time the Pats are on Monday night, Brady hits a WIDE OPEN receiver 20 yards down field for a first down. He has zero pressure and their isn't a DB within 10 yards of the guy when he catches the ball. So Brady has basically done what an average high school QB could do, throw a pass 25 yards or so to an uncovered guy. Madden goes nutty, "That's why Brady is a great QB" yada, yada, yada. That's the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. Now that they're not doing so well why don't we hear massive criticism of Brady and Belichek? If they were the reason they won before, aren't they the reason the Pats are losing now?

Of course they aren't. Football depends more so than any other sport on a lot of players playing well to have a team win. I don't like the Pats at all, but they have had a great TEAM the last 4 years. Their defense and O line never got enough credit...it all went to Brady and Belichek.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the Pats at all, but they have had a great TEAM the last 4 years. Their defense and O line never got enough credit...it all went to Brady and Belichek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not agree more. Also, we could include the other coaches that have departed.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the Pats at all, but they have had a great TEAM the last 4 years. Their defense and O line never got enough credit...it all went to Brady and Belichek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not agree more. Also, we could include the other coaches that have departed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Also anyone else think Bruschi didnt get any credit until he got the stroke? Before that he wasnt even mentioned like Brady and Bellichick were.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:18 PM

you realize brady is having a far better statistical year than ever before.

you brady haters are hilarious. when the team wins, you say his numbers dont compare to the rest. when he puts up great numbers, you say he cant win.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you realize brady is having a far better statistical year than ever before.

you brady haters are hilarious. when the team wins, you say his numbers dont compare to the rest. when he puts up great numbers, you say he cant win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], yuo can't read worth a [censored]!

[ QUOTE ]
If they were the reason they won before, aren't they the reason the Pats are losing now?

Of course they aren't. Football depends more so than any other sport on a lot of players playing well to have a team win. I don't like the Pats at all, but they have had a great TEAM the last 4 years. Their defense and O line never got enough credit...it all went to Brady and Belichek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time take the tampon out and start reading befoer you fly off the handle.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it rule listening to the insane amount of fawning over Peyton Manning and the Colts for the next dozen years? The level of love Manning gets now will be nothing compared to an undefeated season.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes as long as it whould shut up the retards that think tom brady is even in the same galaxy as manning.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would it rule listening to the insane amount of fawning over Peyton Manning and the Colts for the next dozen years? The level of love Manning gets now will be nothing compared to an undefeated season.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes as long as it whould shut up the retards that think tom brady is even in the same galaxy as manning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom Brady surely *is* in the same Galaxy as Manning. They've been very similar this year, except Manning has faced, uh, three good pass defenses, and Brady's faced like 7.