Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: When you have more money than you need

[ QUOTE ]
It's more than that now. But nice research.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now what?
10/23/05 03:29 AM Well, now it's $2755 thanks to a big MTT score. My day finally came.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only reason why I said it's not some huge amount of money and it matters because he's asking advice on what to do with the money. Deciding what to do with 5k is alot different than what to do with say 150k...
Old 11-06-2005, 08:44 AM

people who say buy crap are losers.

there are so many cool/different things you could do with this money. if you are really that goofy that you cant figure out how to spend it then just find a really hot chick that will let you shag her and let her handle the money part.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:57 AM

Travel, see the world. i don't understand why more young internet poker players don't use some of their winnings travel, and i don't mean to whichever european city is hosting the next WPT tournamant. go somewhere random.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and i don't mean to whichever european city is hosting the next WPT tournamant.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahah

Post Of The Month
Old 11-06-2005, 11:46 AM

If you're talking something less than 10K its really not that much. Save some of it for emergency funds and use the rest to go backpacking through europe or asia for awhile. Or send it to me I'll put it to good use [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Investments have been mentioned. I’m not a fan of IRA’s (Roth or otherwise) unless I have an employer who will allow pre-tax contributions and match funds. Yes, you should save for your retirement. The return may be decent. Compounding interest is even better. Problem is, in order to avoid taxes and penalties, you have to wait until retirement age (65 or better) to withdraw your money. Another problem is that most stock fund managers have terrible track records. If you choose this route, I would get a self-directed IRA and do some serious research. Sure, you could invest in an index fund, but the market’s current returns are anemic at best, and they’re not showing any signs of returning to historic market average any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

do not listen to this. at a bare minimum start a roth and secure your future. this will be your FUTURE.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:29 PM

Bear in mind that Clayton lives in Georgia. It is almost impossible to get a job above minimum wage there. On the plus side, however, everything is cheap as hell. My brother lives in Jersey and goes to UGA... He works a $12/hour job in NJ during the summer, then is relatively rich when he goes back to school.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bear in mind that Clayton lives in Georgia. It is almost impossible to get a job above minimum wage there. On the plus side, however, everything is cheap as hell. My brother lives in Jersey and goes to UGA... He works a $12/hour job in NJ during the summer, then is relatively rich when he goes back to school.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on, everything is cheap in Georgia, especially out in Athens.

I think what I've decided to do is set aside a bankroll from 22's and 33's and build enough money where I can take half and use it for investing this summer, and then take the other half and use it for 33's or 55's. Aside from a new TV and TV stand I've not gotten anything new.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 AM

Xbox 360

That is all.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 AM

This post is silly. If youre burned out on poker and have a bunch of money sitting around, then take a damn break. Fill your young life with something but poker. Throw a kick ass party, take a girl out on an extravagant date, and save most for your bankroll when you start playign again. Jesus if this is a big enough problem that you have to make a post, youve got issues.