Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Results

As you may have guessed the ruling went against me, and it was declared a misdeal. We were returned our money from the pot.

It just felt very wrong, so thanks for confirming that.

Anyway, I decided not to make a huge deal out of it since the offenders in this case were two of the biggest donators at the table.

However, I may speak to the floorman privately later.

This was at the Cal Grand.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Correct Ruling?

Al Capone Jr = Non-Prophet Organization.

Enough jokes....carry on with the kicking
Old 11-05-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Results

I always found fianchetto'ing my bishops too restricting, they just kinda sit there passively and hopefully their "control" of the long diagnol comes into play... I liked to get them out pinning, attacking, etc.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to interject something thats almost relevent. Should a dealer call "time" (prior to any actions) when he has been informed by the 3card-1card guys, nothing matters after such "time" is called. No "actions" are actions to this point.

I say this because sometimes a situation arises where there will be a shot taker who "declares" a misdeal because a dealer has called time when whatever occurred does not in fact normally result in a misdeal. Just because a dumb-ass player says it's a misdeal does not mean it is. Hold on to your hands, wait for things to get cleared up when the dealer or in fact even if a player blurts out "time" as he's trying to get the attn of dealer to point out a potential problem.

Then kick the shot-taker in the nutz.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a floorman is called to a table to determine whether or not there is a misdeal one thing he needs to do is make sure everyone holds onto the cards they already have. This helps stop the "I doen't like my cards, maybe I can force a misdeal by making a mess" angle. Dealer's can help with this too.

Then the floor needs to determine how much action there was when the mistake was discovered.

Let's say UTG calls, SB holds up his hand and shows three cards, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls. SB now speaks up and says: "hey, I got three cards", dealer freezes action and the floor is called to the table.

Incompetent floor sees action in three spots and declares that there is no misdeal.

Competent floor asks the dealer "Where was the action when the mistake was discovered?. Dealer should correctly reply that UTG+1 hadn't folded yet. Competent floor declares there is a misdeal.

Using bad technique when determining misdeals is all too common IMO.

~ Rick
Old 11-05-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one thing is that the CO is claiming he did say something before the action started. Whether the dealer didn't hear him, or ignored him, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a players responsibility to make himself heard and undertsood by the dealer, mumbling underyour breath, whispering, telling the guy next to you, wiggling your finger etc. Are not sufficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with the above. Even if the player mumbled before there was action, he had a responsibility to reasonably communicate the problem to the dealer in a timely fashion. In this case we got almost to the flop so there shouldn't be any misdeal.

~ Rick