Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 12:19 AM

Default The move of honour (not much content)

Hello...............

Ive been experimenting today with the move of honour -massively overbetting the pot all in preflop with AAs after a raise. Anyone have much success with moves like this? Ive found that whilst it can be quite successful at nl$25, the players just aren't as silly to call as often at slightly higher stakes.

This has got me thinking about a very lazy method of multitabling -play on one table seriously with several running in the background, playing only aces and kings for a raise all in preflop on those tables. Any ideas on how +ev this would be? ........

cheers

perc
Old 10-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: The move of honour (not much content)

Well, if the other one does not have aces when you're holding kings, you're always at least 80% favorite.
When your opponents don't get curious when they see you folding for an hour and then moving all-in, this can be profitable.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:23 AM

bumpity bump bump bump bump
Old 10-29-2005, 11:21 AM

It might be profitable at NL25, but its pointlessly boring and doesn't teach you to play poker. If you do win it will be in the 1-3bb/100 range. You'd be better off working minimum wage, you'd have more fun.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It might be profitable at NL25, but its pointlessly boring and doesn't teach you to play poker. If you do win it will be in the 1-3bb/100 range. You'd be better off working minimum wage, you'd have more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is annoying to me that people assume that a person is a pro player just because he posts here. That is a giant and incorrect assumption .... what if he is just messing around experimenting with this and having fun? You tell him to go work minimum wage? What if he has a 15$/hr job already? Lame to say the least.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is annoying to me that people assume that a person is a pro player just because he posts here. That is a giant and incorrect assumption .... what if he is just messing around experimenting with this and having fun? You tell him to go work minimum wage? What if he has a 15$/hr job already? Lame to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't assume that at all. I don't believe everyone who plays has to be a 15/5 winner playing TAG all day. If people want to blow out some cash having fun gamblng up at poker then thats great, its their money. However you tell me how 10-tabling NL25 playing only AA/KK is the plan of a player playing for fun. It's not, its a scheme for generating profit, posted in a strategy forum. Thats how the question was framed and thats how I answered it.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:05 PM

I didn' really intend for this post to come across as some deranged moneymaking scheme where I would sit in front of my pc 16 hrs a day open pushing with AAs, I just thought it may be a bit of fun to have a few tables open in the background doing this whilst playing seriously on others......... Ive decided its probably not a good idea to try anyway as it would ruin my beautiful, beautiful PT stats. Thanks for the responses though.

Perc
Old 10-29-2005, 01:24 PM

Heh, in that case I apologise. Its simply that this question gets posed every other week.