Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: 20 table SNG TT vs. all in and call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. You may have the best hand, but why get involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, because it is 10% of our stack, we probably have the best hand, and we have position? folding is weak tight.

I most likely call here, because we have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have an UTG push for 9XBB. That is probably 22-KK or AQ-AK. Then we have an early position call, which is probably 88-AA or AQ-AK. TT may be the best hand, but so what? What do we have to gain? Hero has position, but TT may not be that easy to play with one player allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you reraise here, you don't think it gets heads up pretty often? Wouldn't you love to get it heads up against a short stack getting more than 2-1 with TT? I can't see how folding this is right unless you are pretty certain the caller is coming along.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you reraise here, you don't think it gets heads up pretty often? Wouldn't you love to get it heads up against a short stack getting more than 2-1 with TT? I can't see how folding this is right unless you are pretty certain the caller is coming along.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the gain of geting heads up with 2-1 pot odds compare to the loss of getting all your chips in a 4-1 dog?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ow does the gain of geting heads up with 2-1 pot odds compare to the loss of getting all your chips in a 4-1 dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think we are a 4-1 dog against the caller that often? I really think this is broadways, medium pairs a ton more than JJ-AA.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ow does the gain of geting heads up with 2-1 pot odds compare to the loss of getting all your chips in a 4-1 dog?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think we are a 4-1 dog against the caller that often? I really think this is broadways, medium pairs a ton more than JJ-AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but you make a slight EV gain when the caller has high cards or an underpair and you fold him out. You make a huge EV loss when the caller has JJ-AA and he calls your push.

It just isn't worth it. It is better to respect the early position push and call and not get involved with TT.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:18 PM

I think some sort of read on MP2 is very important. Is he the sort of player to check down with someone all in? I think I call, then, dependent on the flop, I'll reraise his continuation bet or bet into him if he checks, but probably not go any further.