Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:15 AM

Default A couple of micro short hands.

I still have a hard time getting solid reads on shorthanded tables, but both villains are at least somewhat passive postflop (AFs around 1.1) yet aggro preflop.

First hand:
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets...

That's a pretty connected board, and I don't know what that turn play on the villain's part could mean. Should I bet this river for value, perhaps folding to a checkraise? Was raising the turn a good idea?

Hand 2:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

My spidey sense tells me there's no good point in bluffing the flop, but is there any point on continuing with this turn? The pot sucks, and I don't have a lot of faith in bottom pair on a 3-flush board here. I think I know the answer to this but I've been surprised before...
Old 10-05-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: A couple of micro short hands.

1st- why not fold PF? otherwise fine.
2nd- fold. It's 1 [censored] BB. Whether or not you're ahead, he's bluffing, etc., is irrelevant...it's 1 [censored] BB
Old 10-05-2005, 01:22 AM

are you using pokerace hud? seeing their mucked cards right away is a huge plus. all i do is show one/two good example(s) of hands they played and tag them with a "donkbets bullshit on turn," "will raise bottom pair on flop," or "retarded lag." works quite well. you get pretty good reads on the bad players after about 20 hands or so.

on to the hands:

1: don't do what you did here preflop. a CO open limper is asking to be raised. JTo is a bit weak but i wouldn't mind raising preflop. i would raise QJo for sure. i would not raise the turn either. call call. bet the river if he checks it.

2: bet the flop. if he calls, give up. usually he is checking to fold. disclaimer: if i note that a player almost never folds the flop, i don't bet here. any sign of tightness/normalcy and i plan on betting almost every time.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 AM

Grunch:

Hand One: I put villian on measely flush draw and I think you played it correctly on every street.

Hand Two: I fold here. Perhaps this is weak tight or not defending blinds properly but any piece of the flop or 4/any kicker better than yours has you beat. Besides that the pot is not large enough to bother.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:15 AM

preflop is fine in hand 1. in fact i'd rather raise if i have good read/control of CO in this hand. rest is fine.

fold hand #2: pot is too small to care.