Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:27 PM

Default 3 Bet For Value?

EDIT: villain is fairly aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>. cool?

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 09-30-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 3 Bet For Value?

no, you should call. He will have a flush some of the time, be bluffing some of the time, be splitting with you some of the time, or possibly have 2 pair that he will call. Aganinst those first 3 categories you want to just call. He will cap a better hand a lot as well. He won't have a worse hand AND call enough of the time for this to be profitable. Heck, he won't even have a worse hand enough of the time. Jx, Kx, Qx of diamonds are all possible.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:30 PM

Youve got the 2nd best possible hand, and the best one is a backdoor flush.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:34 PM

I would just call the river raise. There's 4 broadways out there and you're the preflop raiser, so unless he's a nutcase very often he'll have at least the straight. The 3 flush on the river devalues 3betting in case he's overplaying some 2 pair or set.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He won't have a worse hand AND call enough of the time for this to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's spittin' truth, right here. Especially since you got check-raised. That's not a two pair play. That's a straight (split), flush (caps your ass) or bluff.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, you should call. He will have a flush some of the time, be bluffing some of the time, be splitting with you some of the time, or possibly have 2 pair that he will call. Aganinst those first 3 categories you want to just call. He will cap a better hand a lot as well. He won't have a worse hand AND call enough of the time for this to be profitable. Heck, he won't even have a worse hand enough of the time. Jx, Kx, Qx of diamonds are all possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmn,

These were exaclty my thoughts. However, I also thought the river card is a nice card for a two pair to represent the Q and try to fold my strong pair or my two pair. I guess you think that's not likely. You may be right, but I'm not sure.