Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: UB - What\'s the Best Sign-Up Offer?

I knew about those sites. I guess I was more curios on the "25% subtracted from the MGR." Suppose you reload your account and have $200 in bonus dollars. Does that mean you essentially gain $150 out of it? Per the 25% being subtracted?
Old 09-18-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew about those sites. I guess I was more curios on the "25% subtracted from the MGR." Suppose you reload your account and have $200 in bonus dollars. Does that mean you essentially gain $150 out of it? Per the 25% being subtracted?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, rakeback digression...

Most sites (such as Party) subtract bonuses from gross rake (MGR) before paying the affiliate. That means if you raked $1000 and got a $100 bonus, the affiliate (and thus you) gets paid based on $900.

UB, however, only subtracts 25%. This is good because you'll almost always have bonus there. So if you raked $1000 and had $600 bonus, rather than getting rb% of $400 like you would on Party, you'll get rb% of $850. And if you rake $600 and earn $600 bonus, you'll still get rakeback on $450, when you would get none on most sites.

This is true of all affiliates AFAIK.

The 25% is subtracted from gross rake, not from your rakeback. So if you earn off a $200 bonus, you'd get rb% * $50 less in rakeback than if you had no bonus. With 25% rakeback you'd gain $187.50 by playing for the bonus over just using rakeback -- $200 in bonus money and $12.50 less in rakeback.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:04 PM

I have over $1k in uncleared bonus $$$ at UB. I have now withdrawn all my $$$ and plan not to go back in the foreseeable future. Their clearing rate is horrendus - probably one of the worst in the industry now. Their rake is very high compared to other sites. UB dings you $0.25 at 2/4 for a $5 pot. Most others I have seen don't start rake at 2/4 until $20 (Party) and max at $3 or so. UB continues to rake until the moon almost. Combine all of this with tighter than average games and it's just not worth my time. I can make more $$$ just playing good poker at other sites.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:53 PM

Thing about UB, even if the bonus is not worth it right now, it is harmless to stack the bonus now. They could always change the bonus clearance structure, or the games could start getting softer, and you will have this cushion sitting there for you.