Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Getting Back to It

[ QUOTE ]
easy river CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. Doesn't my flop and turn action scream diamond draw as BK suggests? I've got nearly 100% chance that the button will call the river with his 3 Q's but more than likely will check behind with them.

If he's got a FH he'll bet and 3-bet my c/r.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been away for a week and a half sailing around Maine and have just come back. Just wondering about my PF and line in general.

Party 30/60, pretty decent game in general.

2+2'er raises UTG, next 2 call, including one that is the main reason I'm in the game. I call from the CO with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button calls as do both blinds. I told you it was a good game. 7 to the flop and 14 SB's.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to 2+2'er who bets, 1 fold, fish calls, I call, button raises, SB folds, BB calls, 2+2'er 3 bets, fish calls, I 4 bet and they all call. Still 5 players and 16 BB's in the pot.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to button who bets, BB and 2+2'er fold, fish calls, I call.

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Fish checks, I bet, button calls, fish folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is marginal at best, but once the button calls and the blinds call, I love your situation. Postflop you played this hand perfectly on every street.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy river CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. Doesn't my flop and turn action scream diamond draw as BK suggests? I've got nearly 100% chance that the button will call the river with his 3 Q's but more than likely will check behind with them.

If he's got a FH he'll bet and 3-bet my c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone who even considers getting fancy on the river and going for a checkraise should read above reasoning. Going for a river checkraise would be terrible poker for reasons already stated by Barry.