Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: How bad is this flop raise?

Well, that was sort of the plan with the flop raise (getting the field to fold behind), as much as there was a plan. The BB stuck his nose in ... so much for that.

By the time it was my action on the flop, there had been two donk bet opportunities declined and MP2 was going to bet any 2. This thus convinced me that I wasn't going to fold. I'd rather raise and maybe get MP2 HU. Maybe even hit the jackpot and get a free card.

I'm not saying it was a good plan, just that it wasn't a totally random and stupid play. Certainly not random.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: How bad is this flop raise?

Flop: my donkishness estimates 3 outs; getting 11.5-1 with players behind, is this not a clear fold.

PF: maybe i shouldn't just quote better poker players than me, but AJs is, according to the boy Miller, a cold-calling hand preflop. With no reads, i'd cold-call.
Tring to reason instead: unknown player could be raising on many hands but he still probably holds something decent.
AJs plays well in most situations but not HU vs. a few. BLAH BLAH.....ED Miller can work this out better than me.
QED