Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Default QK Late Position w/ 8 xBB

I'm in late position with blinds at 200-400. I have 3400 in chips One Folded to guy on my right, he limps, I go all in CO position with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Button goes all in. Original raiser calls (original raiser had less then me, re-raiser had slightly more).

Limper shows 88 button shows AA. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] river is a 7. Aces hold up.

My point here is did I make the correct play in pushing pre-flop with 8 x BB. I figured my only two options where fold and wait for another hand or push. I figure this to to be the best spot b/c I didn't see original limper calling so I figured I have on caller or none.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: QK Late Position w/ 8 xBB

Yes, correct play. You had no way of knowing someone to your left had aces.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Yeah obviously. Man was I stoked to see I might triple up when the flop gave me two pair but a las the guy sucked out on my suck out.

Another question. The guy with 88 made a horrible play, right? He should have pushed right off or folded, because he also had only had 8xBB. He has to figure that with a raise all in and a reraise all in he is definately beat.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah obviously. Man was I stoked to see I might triple up when the flop gave me two pair but a las the guy sucked out on my suck out.

Another question. The guy with 88 made a horrible play, right? He should have pushed right off or folded, because he also had only had 8xBB. He has to figure that with a raise all in and a reraise all in he is definately beat.

[/ QUOTE ]correct on the 88 guy. you made the right play IMO, maybe if we saw more tourney details and other stack sizes it would be different but i think right play
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy with 88 made a horrible play, right? He should have pushed right off or folded, because he also had only had 8xBB. He has to figure that with a raise all in and a reraise all in he is definately beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, of course. Typical loose passive play. He should have just open pushed. However, when he limped and 2 players pushed he should have folded.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Its plenty good enough of a hand, especially against a guy who is limping with a meduim pair. I would not really mind being heads up against 88 at this point. As for the wake up on the button it happens, but if you always fear this you will play to weak to get deep into a trny.

As for the Open Limp, it was pretty horrible play by Villian 1. I could see limp , to appear strong there and take the pot on most flops. But to limp and call A push and a RR is a worse mistake than the origianl limp.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Yeah when I heard him saw call my first instinct was that he had limped AA KK or maybe even QQ but then he turned over 88.