Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-25-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Party 600 6MAX - i hate shortstacks

wow look what amazing odds ive created. but seriously, im having issues with monotone boards in shorthanded games where i have a relatively huge hand.

i probably should have led the flop but i like the information on these types of flops. now i probably know on the flop that the original PF raiser with money behind has the Ah SOMEHOW in his hand, whether he has me beat or not is another subject. the shortstack is being a moron as per normal.

All in, call, or fold the flop, and why?

My last post related to this

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($1373.3)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($615.3)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($140.04)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($421.34)</font>
MP ($600)
CO ($108)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $3. MP posts a blind of $6.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $17, BB calls $14.

Flop: ($66) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB calls $120.04 (All-In), UTG calls $120.04, Hero calls $595.30 (All-In)
Old 06-25-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Party 600 6MAX - i hate shortstacks

Ok kagame, good post, tough question.

In your related post... I know its 6 max and they could be donking it up with anything. BUT unless you know for a fact they are a donk give 'em the benifit of the doubt. I know, you know the '6-max feeling' where you feel like you might be beat, but you're hand is ~ the 2nd nuts so you call and opponents cards are so horrible its laughable.
Ah the happy momments 6-maxing at party. On the flip side though this has been a 'bad influence' on me and I end up playing huge pots with the worst of it.

What did you put UTG on, and more importantly what will he call you with?

I don't think this is a bad push at all. You're increasing your EV against everything but a flush..... but only if he calls you.

I think this is just one of those situations where you need to know your opponent...... and I've tried, but could NOT come up with a strong argument for calling the flop OOP. The only thing that bothers me is opponents smoothcall of the 2x pot bet on the flop.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:48 PM

I dont think you played it badly, but I think a flop bet wouldnt be a terrible play either. The Ah calls enough times here for +ev. Even if he has the flush (prob less than 1/4 of the time), ur not dead, but a flat call is wrong. What do you do on the turn if a blank falls? Are you giving him a free card, or pushing? If you push the turn, then the flop push makes more sense as he's more likely to pay you off with his draw on the flop, which you need, while he may fold if you fill up and push, or if he misses. The way you played it, I think the flop push is correct here, given fold equity, odds that he is drawing and odds that you fill up, taking into consideration your position.

Bingo
Old 06-25-2005, 01:43 PM

Uggh, I cant see you getting away from this hand because of the shortie all in, which could mean anything really.
I woulda led pot..and called the all- in and call. Doesnt make any difference really because UTG is prolly gonna dump the rest in on any turn, which I would again call.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:11 PM

smoothcaller with money behind had AQh for the flopped nuts, shortstack had QQ, thankyou so much for slowplaying preflop SIR!

im not overly critical of myself for my play on these boards, its just been happening alot lately and seems like a bizarre spot.

in my other hand that i posted Villain had an overpair, TT with the T of the suit

he put his entire stack in on that flop when i check raised a buttload with a set, and i held, seemed really hard to ever consider folding in that spot again except against super rocks

i think in the future in multiway pots i will start leading with sets on monotone boards, and may save playing trickier for when its HU