Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Empire Terms and Conditions

I'm not sure if this has always been the case, but confiscation of funds is pretty harsh even in the case of multiple accounts.

T&C

1. As stated in the EmpirePoker.com Terms & Conditions of Use, you may have only one (1) account at EmpirePoker.com. The name on your EmpirePoker.com account must match your true and legal name and identity. If you have more than one (1) account or accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your accounts merged. If you have lost your Account Name or password, please contact us for a replacement. If we discover that you have more than one (1) account, we may close your accounts and confiscate your account balances.This is for security reasons.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Empire Terms and Conditions

The funny part is the one time during my double digit badgering of them with e-mails, this is the section they quoted:

[ QUOTE ]

This account has been randomly checked and found to consist with suspicious and wrongful actions that we don't support at EmpirePoker.com. Due to that we regret to inform you that the account has been closed permanently by the Management. The process is unfortunately not reversible and we thank you for the time you played with us.

For further information please refer to our terms and conditions:

http://www.empirepoker.com/about_us/...formation.html

17. Abandonment of Account Balance.
The Company reserves the right to cancel your EmpirePoker.com account for any justifiable reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you. If you do not access your EmpirePoker.com account by "logging in" to your Account by using your Account Name and password for a period of one hundred and eighty (180) days, your Account will be closed and the entire Account Balance will be deemed abandoned and forfeited; provided however, such requirement for log-in and entry is not and does not constitute any requirement whatsoever for you to play any Game, deposit funds or participate in any activity at EmpirePoker.com other than logging in. For the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to this section, Company may also close any account with any ESP which you have

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2005, 05:58 AM

That is ridiculous. Leaving money in your account and not playing is suspicious and wrongful? What a load of crap.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny part is the one time during my double digit badgering of them with e-mails, this is the section they quoted:

[ QUOTE ]

This account has been randomly checked and found to consist with suspicious and wrongful actions that we don't support at EmpirePoker.com. Due to that we regret to inform you that the account has been closed permanently by the Management. The process is unfortunately not reversible and we thank you for the time you played with us.

For further information please refer to our terms and conditions:

http://www.empirepoker.com/about_us/...formation.html

The Company reserves the right to cancel your EmpirePoker.com account for any justifiable reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you. If you do not access your EmpirePoker.com account by "logging in" to your Account by using your Account Name and password for a period of one hundred and eighty (180) days, your Account will be closed and the entire Account Balance will be deemed abandoned and forfeited; provided however, such requirement for log-in and entry is not and does not constitute any requirement whatsoever for you to play any Game, deposit funds or participate in any activity at EmpirePoker.com other than logging in. For the avoidance of doubt, pursuant to this section, Company may also close any account with any ESP which you have

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That is even worse than what I quoted.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 AM

Especially, if you've followed his other posts about this and realize he had only been inactive LESS than 30 days when the shut down his account.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially, if you've followed his other posts about this and realize he had only been inactive LESS than 30 days when the shut down his account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, after reading it again, I think they need a seperate paragraph for their GOD rule.

[ QUOTE ]
The Company reserves the right to cancel your EmpirePoker.com account for any justifiable reason whatsoever at any time without notice to you....

[/ QUOTE ]

Note they don't have notify you and that means they don't have to justify it too you. Just to be clear though, I have only posted that it happened to me for info, I am not bitching or complaining. I fully understand why they did, it is about their bottom line. I think they could have handled it better, but why would they spend that effort on someone they are giving the boot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 04:28 PM

Well just make sure you remove all the money immediatley after clearing the bonus!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:31 PM

I never noticed the first sentence of section 17. Talk about reading the fine print [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]