Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Bad luck or Bad move

The other day I played a small tournament, only about 60 entries and the only spots that paid were the final table.

I have about 8k in chips and there's two at my table who have more. The blinds are 150-300 and i'm dealt KK on the button. There was 4 callers and I raised it to 1000 and had two callers.

The flopped a set, but they were all clubs. The first player checks and the next one bets out about 1200. I consider calling but I figure he has to either have the flush or be on a draw. It's the best hand I had seen for a while and I figured I still had a chance for the turn or river to pair the board. He was the chip leader at the table and had been pretty agressive recently.

So I went all in and he called, showing the flush. The board didnt pair and I was out. Was pushing that bad of a move?
Old 04-10-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Bad luck or Bad move

no, you played it fine. You could have slowplayed it, calling here, seeing if you were still good on the river, but a scared all-in is a fine play here. He calls with his draw most times. (and yes I understand that he wasn't on a draw this time, but I can't help that you posted the results of your hand. Don't do that next time.)

CSC