Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Call or 3 bet with A high flush?

Hey,
i'm wondering about the river play here. I was afraid that MP1 may have picked up a boat. Was i seeing monsters in going for the overcall? There were a lot of straights that arrived on the river, so in retrospect i think 3 betting was probably right? What do you guys do here?

I only have 10 hands on BB, but he seems like avg for party 2/4, MP1 is LP-P.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Thanks
-light
Old 01-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Call or 3 bet with A high flush?

I like going for the overcall, though you are looking at close to the stone cold nuts, maybe the raiser has a second best hand and will pay off, maybe the BB will call two cold back to him. I think your line is fine, though.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Call or 3 bet with A high flush?

I would raise. Worst case, you get capped. But that's unlikely. I think MP would have come alive sooner with 2 pair or trips. I would 3-bet.