Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Give me a moving up plan!

I have been playing 2/4 for a significant session now and have the numbers to indicate I am beating the game for a decent rate. I have taken money out of my bankroll for various things and am now building up with the intention of moving up levels as appropriate. I have also dabbled for period in the 3/6 and 5/10 game with various degrees of success and learned a lot from those times. If anything I am a self proclaimed tight player with a weakish tinge in my game from time to time. My question is how would you plan on moving up and why would you stop at each level? My question is not bankroll oriented but in skill acquisition. Do you feel spending significant time at the short handed table is a must to develop as a player? IS playing the LAGGY 3/6 a must stop as well if the end result is moving into higher limits as a learning phase that must be taken? I guess to put it another way if bankroll was not an issue and you wanted to become a winning 20/40 player(but aren't stupid enough to jump in there) how would you go about progressing to develop the skills and experience needed from actual play(obviously reading here and books aside)? Are there key developmental stages from your development?

Thanks for any feedback.