Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Split the NL forums again?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the structure is fine for the high players, but for those of us moving from 1-2 to 2-4, etc don't find too much help in the SS forum. A mid forum would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. There are only about 5 regular small stakes posters that are qualified to give advice on 1/2-3/6 hands.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:08 AM

Small, Mid, and High would be fine.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:20 AM

it doesn't matter how the forums are/will be split.

there will still be people giving awful analysis and advice with either no reasoning, or misapplied logic.

most of the hands will either be blatantly obvious what the proper action is, or will ask about a situation later in the hand that should have never arisen had something dumb not taken place at an earlier point in the hand.

i couldn't care less when some chud quotes for the fifth time to make an obvious call or fold.

the only time i put stock into consise answers is if the poster is someone i personally respect, and if i have come to a different conclusion or am unsure of all of their logic i will ask them to expound.

i swear reading some posts in this forum is worse than listening to my little cousin stutter through a bad beat story he took in a play money sit and go. thankfully my brain has grown used to just glazing over inane crap.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Small NL: .5/1 and lower (and 1/2 live games?)
Mid NL: 1/2 - 3/6
High NL: 5/10 and above

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this idea because right now I'm at .5/1 and all the best advice comes from the 1/2 or higher players so transitioning would be harder [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 02:29 PM

definately split.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:43 PM

I like yours, soah. Most of the SSNL forum consists of easy questions and such, mostly robotic and mechanical answers. MH develops excellent discussions on topics that SSNL doesn't touch on. I hate being barred from these discussions because I only play 1/2.

I like it. The only thing I fear is that the MH players stay in High Limit, thus leaving me out in the dark once again.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:56 PM

The messages from the vast majority of those in favor of splitting the forum can be translated as follows:

"Is there any way to create a high stakes forum that is limited to me and the 10-15 posters that are worthy of my attention. After all, I'm a busy guy and a damn expert poker player, and I can't take the time to wade through all the riff-raff."
Old 11-26-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The messages from the vast majority of those in favor of splitting the forum can be translated as follows:

"Is there any way to create a high stakes forum that is limited to me and the 10-15 posters that are worthy of my attention. After all, I'm a busy guy and a damn expert poker player, and I can't take the time to wade through all the riff-raff."

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't really read this thread at all, did you? I'm not asking for Matt Flynn to moderate and El Diablo to have the most posts - I'm asking for a Mid Stakes forum for .5/1 - 3/6 NL players, where they can post hands without the beginners coming in and recommending weak-tight strategies, or the condescending posts from the 10/20 types that say 'Wrong forum'.

As an addendum to soah's nice explanation of mid stakes - I want a forum for Mid players where firing two barrel bluffs isn't instantly viewed as chip-spewing. Where meta-game has *some* importance.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't really read this thread at all, did you? I'm not asking for Matt Flynn to moderate and El Diablo to have the most posts - I'm asking for a Mid Stakes forum for .5/1 - 3/6 NL players, where they can post hands without the beginners coming in and recommending weak-tight strategies, or the condescending posts from the 10/20 types that say 'Wrong forum'.

As an addendum to soah's nice explanation of mid stakes - I want a forum for Mid players where firing two barrel bluffs isn't instantly viewed as chip-spewing. Where meta-game has *some* importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the people advocating a split are not "mid" players. They are 10-20 players that want an easy way to screen out the "mid" players. If you think that the best posters on the mid-high board will even bother reading a "mid-stakes" exclusive board, you are mistaken.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:59 PM

I say we make High 5/10 and up because I play 5/10 at least half of the time and I would like to consider myself among the elite posters on the best NL board. If the split is at 10/20 my ego will be horribly bruised and I will probably cry a lot.
Closed Thread