Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Blind Stealing In MTT\"S

In a post I had done earlier someone mentioned that blind stealing is essential in MTT's. It's the lifeblood of an MTT.

My question is what is condidered a blind steal and when and with what is it appropriate?

I'm strictly a limit player and am familiar with blind stealing in that structure. It is the Tourneys that have me a bit confused.

Does Blind stealing in the middle and later part of the tourney happen from any spot?

I frequently see all in raises or large bets preflop(In relation to the blinds) during the middle stages of a tourney onward. Is this just desperation or attempted blind steals from UTG?

Also what cards are worth attempting to steal the blinds with, with an all in from UTG?(Besides the obvious)

For example last night I had about 3200 in chips blinds were at 150 -300 and I would go all in with A 7 or A8 from MP or sometimes UTG. Are these bad moves on my part?

Now lets say you manage to double up and have about6-7k in chips, how do you start playing? You have about 20x the BB do you start tightening up and pick your spots and do an all in or do you start loosining your hand requirements and playing hands like A9 in the cutoff after a MP limper?

I know so much of this is stack dependant but are there any suggestions for a rookie MTT player like me?