Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 03:02 AM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

[ QUOTE ]
you are insane if you think oreilly is down the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are insane if you don't think he's down the middle. This ought to morph into meaningful dialogue soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-16-2004, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about this exact issue today. i watched fox news for about 30 minutes and it was literally nonstop talk about how bush had destroyed kerry and kerry was a flip flopper. i turn to cnn and they were talking about each party's strategy down the homestretch. i dont understand why this would make cnn a bunch of crazy liberals while it is perfectly reasonable that fox is so biased. i wish there was a way to reason with conservatives on this one...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no way to reason with conservatives on this issue. CNN usually presents strategy/ideas/etc from both camps. However FOX News seldom makes any effort whatsoever to cover different political perspectives. But for the average Limbaugh-type listener, it doesn't really matter.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However FOX News seldom makes any effort whatsoever to cover different political perspectives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmmmmmm...... Riiiiiiggggghtttt..........

So Sen. Kennedy never made it on H&C. So Michael Moore has never been on O'reilly. Your right, Fox News never gives anyone the chance to defend themselves. Where did you learn this? From Dan Rather? From the communist news network? Oh, they're never wrong. So I guess I have to believe you.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to reason with conservatives on this issue. CNN usually presents strategy/ideas/etc from both camps. However FOX News seldom makes any effort whatsoever to cover different political perspectives. But for the average Limbaugh-type listener, it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously havent watched Fox very much. I mostly watch Fox and CNN, and what you just said just isnt true.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Why do any of you care?

Why care? Two words. Joseph Goebbels.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why care? Two words. Joseph Goebbels.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Fox News is a Nazi Propaganda Machine? Is that what you are suggesting?
Old 10-16-2004, 06:59 PM

I believe he's implying that it's a propaganda machine.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However FOX News seldom makes any effort whatsoever to cover different political perspectives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically all the time, whenever FOX is interviewing people abount an issue, they always have one person from each side of the debate. Just watch for O'Reilly in big on the left, and a person representing one side on the top, and another person from the other side on the bottom.

For example, I remember one interview a few weeks ago where they had one of the guys who made the swift-boat commercial and a Vietnam veteran who had served with Kerry (and was vehemently against the ads).

I would think, though, that the very nature of a show like H&C is balanced; rather than trying to get one objective guy (which I agree that O'Reilly is not), with H&C you really do end up getting a balanced perspective.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:03 PM

I never understand people that think that. Fox News Watch, and Shep Smith are fair. H&C and O'reilly allow everyone to defend themselves and provide views from opposite perspectives. OH well....
Old 10-16-2004, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
H&C you really do end up getting a balanced perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have likened this show to the Globetrotters v Generals. Colmes is a nice liberal, he does his best, tries to use fact and reason. Hannity lies and is a bully. Its no contest and its set up to be that way. James Carville could debate Hannity, not Colmes.

This is Fox's MO. They try to give the impression that they are Fair and Balanced, so that your typical uninformed American thinks they are. "Well Hannity is a con and Colmes is a lib, see Marge its balanced!" Read what I said earlier about O'Reilly in this thread. Why do you think they emphasize "Fair and Balanced" as their motto??

This is what Hitler called "The Big Lie". If you want to control the people, don't tell lots of little lies. Tell the people a Big Lie, most people won't think you have the balls to tell the Big Lie. "Why would he say the Jews are the source of Evil if it wasn't so, I mean that so extreme it has to be true". Notice not everybody has to believe the Big Lie. Like "Fair and Balanced". Sure some people will see that they are a propaganda machine, but many won't, mostly rural, simple folk or Christian Conservatives, but also apparently some pretty smart guys.

"Fair and Balanced" is an especially good lie becuase is propagates the myth that every single other traditional news source is part of the Liberal Media. Think about it, cons are CONVINCED every network, every newpaper, every cable station is liberal. You would think one station or paper would, you know, try to do objective jouralism, but no! Liberal Media!!