Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Explain ND over Oregon ....

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, cause Navy is so much better than Montana.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think the line on an Oregon vs. ND game would be?

ND would be favored by at least 5 points. That alone shows they are more deserving in my book.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, cause Navy is so much better than Montana.

[/ QUOTE ]actually they are, Navy is going to a bowl game...Montana is what? Milkin cows right now?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also considering that ND hasnt gotten BCS money in 5 years and Oregon gets some every year, I dont feel too bad about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't give a crap about this and I don't see why others do.

You think these schools can't afford whatever the hell they want anyway?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also considering that ND hasnt gotten BCS money in 5 years and Oregon gets some every year, I dont feel too bad about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't like some sort of financial aid program where we give BCS bids to teams that need the money (and I think that ND is doing just fine financailly by the way), if they wanted a yearly cut they could join a major conference.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't like some sort of financial aid program where we give BCS bids to teams that need the money (and I think that ND is doing just fine financailly by the way), if they wanted a yearly cut they could join a major conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how people chop posts up and only take one sentence to quote. The main point of my post was that Oregon shouldnt schedule I-AA teams and other creampuffs, then bitch when they dont get any respect. The money comment was just a response to people say that the decision (which there wasnt one by the way since they got in automatically) was all about the money.

Clearly they could join a conference, but I'm sure the fact that they dont share any TV revenues, licensing revenues or anything else (including BCS money) more than makes up for the fact that they havent gotten $1.5 million from the BCS each of the last 5 years. What they should not do is join the Big East, since we'd see them in the BCS every goddamn year for the rest of time since the Big East sucks and will continue to suck at football.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how people chop posts up and only take one sentence to quote. The main point of my post was that Oregon shouldnt schedule I-AA teams and other creampuffs, then bitch when they dont get any respect. The money comment was just a response to people say that the decision (which there wasnt one by the way since they got in automatically) was all about the money.

Clearly they could join a conference, but I'm sure the fact that they dont share any TV revenues, licensing revenues or anything else (including BCS money) more than makes up for the fact that they havent gotten $1.5 million from the BCS each of the last 5 years. What they should not do is join the Big East, since we'd see them in the BCS every goddamn year for the rest of time since the Big East sucks and will continue to suck at football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad Michigan didn't have to play Louisville with a healthy Bromm. 7-5 would have looked so bad
Old 12-16-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Oregon wants to bitch, they should bitch about FSU getting in over them. or WVU for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Oregon wants to bitch, they should stop scheduling Division I-AA teams and beat better competition (and dont tell me that FSU is great competition, because they lost to Louisana Tech last week). In one of the prior iterations of the BCS points system, teams would lose BCS points when scheduling I-AA teams for every loss that the I-AA team had. Considering that Montana had 4 losses, Oregon could have been below ND if that system were used.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming this is some sort of strength of schedule argument.

To that, I'd say:

http://teamrankings.com/ncf/27powerratings.php3

Oregon: 49th

ND: 54th

UO got [censored], but we all expected it and it will always happen as long as this system is in place. This pales in comparison to 2001.

PS. Dick Bennett can eat my [censored]. You can debate the merits of the Ducks' season, but you can't put them 15th. What a tool.

I don't have any hate towards Notre Dame even though they overrate their team this year. After however many years of futility and embarrassment though, who can blame them?

My biggest issue with the entire situation is that #5 UO is playing an unranked opponent, that's an absolute joke.

Rolling OU and finishing the season #5 isn't that bad an ending though, all things considered.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:46 PM

The worst part is that there is absolutely no upside to this game.

Oregon crushes OU: Meh. You're supposed to beat unranked teams.
Oregon barely beats OU: Haw haw, you barely beat an unranked team.
Oregon loses to OU: Haw haw, see, you didn't deserve a worthy oppnent anyway.

It's a lose, lose, lose situation.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 PM

I see your ranking system and raise you Sagarin, which ranks ND's schedule 19th, and Oregon's 34th.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But this ND over Oregon crap should just stop now. If Oregon wants to bitch, they should bitch about FSU getting in over them. or WVU for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God for the voice of reason. This reminds of a mid-major hoops team who got their bubble burst, and is bitching about a deserving team that got in instead of the crappy underachieving 8th place ACC team who lost 10 of their last 12 games but got in because they beat Duke in December. As a corrolary it's always fun picking this team to get bounced in the 1st round no matter who they play.