Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM

Default OK... I\'m thouroughly confused.

I'm confused as to why everyone has different definitions of the playstyles. TAG has almost become a word synonimous with bad play (nut peddling), poor post-flop play, and a person who can be bullied out of each and every pot.

Throughout my tenure at 2+2 TAG has always been the "premier" playstyle. A playstyle to ensure the highest earnings up until the highest level of play where players can adapt. Only then did players have to change the playstyle to counter their opponents.

Since when did TAG turn into the weak/tight, ineffective playstyle you guys portray it as?
I agree a Tight Aggressive player will be folding far too often in a 6max game, but this is a forum for full ring & 6 max.

I just want to know where all this misconception has come in, I don't think you guys realize what a LAG is.
A LAG is someone with a very large VPIP and PFR % who spews chips, I just don't see the correlation. In fact most of the plays I've seen posted are typical TAG plays.

So guys either set me straight or set the record straight cause i'm completely baffled.

(TAG is not nut peddling for the last time)

Edit: Does anyone know the exact range of PT stats to define each style of play, as thats something I can't argue against.