Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Review - Hand 57 - JJ river value bet

<font color="green">Hand 57:</font>
PreFlop: Hero is SB with <font color="black">J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (10 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls

Flop: (4.50 SB) <font color="green">K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="red">7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds

Turn: (5.50 BB) <font color="red">6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls

River: (7.50 BB) <font color="blue">9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls

I'm curious about this value bet. Did you have a read? BB could easily be calling down with Kx or a 9 (which hit trips on the river). Busted draws aren't calling. What did you put him on?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Review - Hand 57 - JJ river value bet

perhaps TT, 88, 7x, 6x .. Ahigh

really hard to tell if this is good without knowing anything about the villian, I'm guessing its probably ok
Old 09-02-2005, 09:02 PM

IMO this depends on the read, especially given that two draws missed and middle pair just got there. I bet this on a lot of river cards, unless this guy never goes to showdown, but this seems like a bad one to do it on.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:15 PM

Doesn't really matter. This is an easy vaue bet against most anyone.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:21 PM

Like you said I don't see him calling you with anything less than what you have. I would check here on the river.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious about this value bet. Did you have a read? BB could easily be calling down with Kx or a 9 (which hit trips on the river). Busted draws aren't calling. What did you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't say about a read at the time. PT stats now have villain as LP-P 74/2/0.4 through 60 hands. That's a ton of hands played. I'm not sure which will call here.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't say about a read at the time. PT stats now have villain as LP-P 74/2/0.4 through 60 hands. That's a ton of hands played. I'm not sure which will call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's calling with the hands I listed + 55-22 easy river bet with that info, hindsight blah blah
Old 09-02-2005, 10:05 PM

I need to do some math on this type of spot since it is so common/tricky. This one is really a bitch because there is a good chance that he holds a king. I'm inclined to check and call in this paticular hand though I like betting better in general. If the final board were K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])(8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) I would bet.

Brad
Old 09-03-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to do some math on this type of spot since it is so common/tricky. This one is really a bitch because there is a good chance that he holds a king. I'm inclined to check and call in this paticular hand though I like betting better in general. If the final board were K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])(8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) I would bet.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

So would I, but I also value bet the original hand. I'm curious as to why you feel the texture of the second hand is better than the original to bet? The lower value of the cards alone?
Old 09-03-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to do some math on this type of spot since it is so common/tricky. This one is really a bitch because there is a good chance that he holds a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see some math, but i think it's tricky, because BB could really have anything here. It's hard to glean information from a blind that just calls all the way through the hand on a drawy board. How do you pick a range to put BB on to start crunching numbers? And why do you think there's a particularly good chance that he holds a K?

Edit: i have no pokerstove, and i don't know how to get twodimes.net to crunch a range (can it, even?). Here's part of this hand, though, if someone else can figure it out:

http://twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&amp;b=kc+...d=&amp;h=js+jc