Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 01:20 AM

Default qj on the bubble

party 22

blinds 200/400

BB 1690
SB 2580
Button 940
Hero utg 2190 w/ QJo

hero?

edit: i should add that i had been pushing pretty liberally as i was at t400 in level 4, but the players were somewhat tight up to this point.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: qj on the bubble

I push and don't think twice. *shrugs*
Old 05-16-2005, 01:34 AM

I have to say fold here. It seems weak, but at this level (200/400)I think a lot of people are in a position to gamble. And any gambling hand has you in trouble. I would try and hold off for a K9+ or a like A2+. Plus you're UTG and you need 3 people to fold. On the button you have a better chance of stealing with that kind of hand. IMO
Old 05-16-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say fold here. It seems weak, but at this level (200/400)I think a lot of people are in a position to gamble. And any gambling hand has you in trouble. I would try and hold off for a K9+ or a like A2+. Plus you're UTG and you need 3 people to fold. On the button you have a better chance of stealing with that kind of hand. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar post, I'm not going to dig it up. but when you're pushing often and liberally, you're are making this push less +EV. by pushing too often you'll get peeople calling with junk and you're on the bubble.

something to consider when you push often.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:53 AM

its soooo funny you said that. I played about 40 SNGs between Thurs and Sat. I have been pushing A LOT of hands. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a round when the blinds are 100/200. Towards the bubble people were starting to call me with like Ax and KQ and 22. I took a nasty hit to my ROI and it made me change my style today. Selective aggression. I reviewed my pushing and altered it. 16 today and I'm back in business.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its soooo funny you said that. I played about 40 SNGs between Thurs and Sat. I have been pushing A LOT of hands. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a round when the blinds are 100/200. Towards the bubble people were starting to call me with like Ax and KQ and 22. I took a nasty hit to my ROI and it made me change my style today. Selective aggression. I reviewed my pushing and altered it. 16 today and I'm back in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, selective! i couldn't agree more. I'm working on 1000 SNGs and choosing your players wisely isimportant.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:56 AM

Push.

I don't care how often you've been pushing here, btw...

The short stack will fold b/c he wants the other two to call...the other two will fold b/c they don't wan to jepordize their tourney with a short stack about to be creamed by the blinds.

Yugoslav
Who is liable to push a lot worse than QJo here, btw.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 AM

Do you keep a list of players to stay away from??? I was thinking about making a sorta cheat sheet with good players I meet along the way. Keep it taped to my monitor, what do you think?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push.

I don't care how often you've been pushing here, btw...

The short stack will fold b/c he wants the other two to call...the other two will fold b/c they don't wan to jepordize their tourney with a short stack about to be creamed by the blinds.

Yugoslav
Who is liable to push a lot worse than QJo here, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the worst hand you push here?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:11 AM

ahhhhhhhh yessssss yugo's secret...tell us all you only push AA now buddy ahahahaha. I got you now!!!