Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:34 PM

Default EPT Dublin Summary (Decently long)

Hey, here it is. Comment it up.

25/50

KsKd UTG+1. UTG Limps, i raise to 200, UTG+2, SB, BB, UTG call.
Flop A86 two spades. checks around.
Turn 5 checks around.
river 9 SB bets out 800. takes it down, and shows a 6. SB had just gotten there, and already was involved in a bunch of pots, aggro.

50/100

55 in SB. UTG+1 raises to 300, folds to me, I call.
Flop A86 two hearts, check, check.
Turn 5h, check, check
River 9s, bet 500, fold. He shows JJ, I show a 5.

AcAd UTG+1. UTG limps, i make it 350, BB and UTG call.
797 two diamonds, Checked to me, i make it 500, SB folds, UTG calls. UTG has also been aggro, but not 'smart' like the other guy.
turn 9d, UTG bets out 1100, i make it 3500 he folds.
Stack ~ 12000

75/150

**Warning this is a terribly played hand. Just awful **

QQ in MP. UTG (smart aggro guy) makes it 325, I call, BB calls.
563r UTG bets 800, i make it 2000, he calls.
turn 2, he checks, i check (!!!!)
River 6, he bets 2500, i call. He shows 67s.
Stack ~6300.

78s on the button, open to 450, takes the blinds

AKo in MP, UTG (that guy again) makes it 350, UTG+1 calls, I make it 1000, they both call.
AA4, UTG bets 1200, UTG+1 folds, I call.
Turn K, check, check
river blank, check, bet 2000, fold.

KK UTG+1. Open to 450, steals blinds.
Stack ~9950.

T7s on button. Open for 450 steals blinds.

100/200

33 in the BB. There is no SB. Aggro raises to 600, I call.
345 all spades, I lead for 600, he calls.
Turn Td, I bet 1100, he calls.
River As, Check, check, he mucks

45o in CO, open to 600, takes blinds.
Stack ~11900, Average = 11866

** Hand I wasn't involved in **
UTG (pretty bad, semi-tight passive) tries to min raise but string bets, so it's a call, 4 guys call, then BB really does minraise to 400,

UTG calls, MP calls, then a European Pro (i'll look his name up later) makes it 2500, min raiser calls, MP calls (and is all in)
JQT flop. check check
Turn J, All-in and a call. Euro-pro and BB each have AKo for straight, and shorty has 89s.

150/300

AJc on button. Euro-pro opens from CO for 900. I make it 2500, SB asks for a chipcount from me, then folds, BB folds, Europro calls.
K62 two spades. Pro checks, I bet 3000. "You have 3 kings?" I smirk and look away because i'm nervous and i'm a internet donkey. "Yea you

have 3 kings" and folds. SB then says that he had AQ of spades, Phew.
~14,000.

AJo in CO-1, open for 900 SB asks how much i have, then raises to 5000. I fold,
~13100.

AKo in MP, open to 900, bad shorty calls (the attempted minraiser)
KKT two clubs. check, Bet 1100, he folds

** Next hand **

JJ in UTG+1 open 900 all fold

~15,000

**Hand i wasn't involved in **
LP raises to 1100, BB calls.
K74. BB goes all in for 1200, LP calls. BB has 77, LP has AJo. LP yells "KING!"
Turn K. LP yells "TEN!"
River T.
This guy would be around for a while, and would be part of a trio of aggressive europeans (i'll guess swedish). Including the first one i

mentioned (the one i botched QQ vs) All 3 are decent, and very aggresive, and they were lined up on my right. My stealing chances were gone.

QTs in MP. UTG raises to 750 (one of the smart aggros). Two other callers.
K84r checked around. I think to myself "lets see a J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Turn A. checked around again. "Ok NOW a J"
River J (WOO) UTG bets 1000, i make it 3000. BB calls, UTG (From this point on i'm going to call him Aggro A. Aggro B will be the guy i

botched QQ vs. And Aggro C will be the runner runner straight guy) thinks for a while (like ~7 minutes) gets time called on him, then makes

the call. I show my straight, BB shows AK (AHAHAHA i love him) and UTG AJ.
~22,400

** At this point the Europro that was immediately to my right, was eliminated, and Ram Vaswani replaced him. With the Aggro triplets to his

right **

KQo in BB. Aggro B opens for 900 in CO. I call. Flop blanks and i fold.

25/150/300

78s in MP. I try to raise, but i'm an internet donkey and toss in a 1000 chip w/o saying anything. It's a call, but oh well probably better

that way.Bunch of callers.
KQQ checked around
K Some guy bets, everyone folds.
Stack~20,500 Average = 14,500

JJ in BB. Aggro B opens for 1100, I make it 3500, he calls.
346 two diamonds. I bet 4500 he folds

QJo in SB. Aggro B open min raises. Ram calls, i call.
AK7 check to Aggro, he bets and takes it down.

AhKs in LP. Aggro B opens to 825. I call. Heads up to the flop.
459 all hearts. He leads for 2k. I make it 7k and he folds.
27k average = 15k

200/400

JJ UTG, open to 1100, SB and Ram(BB) call.
464 two diamonds. I bet 2500 both fold.
~29,000 average = 16k

AA in CO. Aggro A raises to 1200, i make it 3000, he calls.
A79, he checks i bet 3500, he makes it 8500 and i call.
Turn 6, check check
River 9, check, i bet 5000, he thinks for another 7 minutes or so, gets time called again, and makes the call. Sees my AA, and shows an A.

**Next hand**

QQ in LP. 2 limpers and i make it 2k. BB goes all in for 12k and I call. He shows AKo, and i lose the race.
~33k, would have been chipleader had i won. Average = 16k

75/300/600

QJo in BB. Aggro B opens for 1800, i call.
6JA check, hebets 2500 i call.
Turn and river blank, we check down. He shows QJ. Split.

KJs folds to mei n the SB, i make it 1500, BB pushes for 8k. I think for a while. I havn't mentioned him, but he's done this before, and he's

not bad, he knows that he's getting short and needs to get some chips. I call, he shows T6o, board comes xxT - J - x.

** Next hand (No SB anymore bittttch) **

KTo on the button, i open for 1500. BB calls.
68T, check, bet 2500, he folds.

~39k. Average =19k

JJ in SB. Some pro, appears to go allin for like 2575, folds to me, i ask BB how much he has, see he has a lot, and then just call. Thinking

the guy was all in. Nearly flipped my cards over too.
Flop comes rainbow all lower than 9. I suddenly see that the guy had like 8000 hidden behind his arm, i freak out and check, he checks

behind.
Turn A. [censored] me. I check, he gives me a funny look, and checks behind.
River x. I check again, and he checks behind, shows AJs. BOTCHED.

100/400/800

**Here i note that i have the most or 2nd most at the table, but feel like i have no stack, what a mind-[censored].**

88 in LP. Aggro C opens for 2400, i call. button calls, BB(One i lost the race to, and the one that played AK like a tool) pushes for 25k all

fold.

AKo UTG. open for 2500 and take the blinds. Felt good.

100/600/1200

AA UTG open for 3000 takes blinds.

J4s in SB open for 3000 BB folds.
stack = 33k average=28k

AJh in LP. MP opens for 3k, MP2 calls, I call. One of the blinds calls.
44Kr checks around
turn 7 MP bets 5k, takes the pot.

**noted that blinds just hit, 24k**

AJo on button. Aggro C opens for 3k in CO-1. I push. I noted that this was the first time in the tournament that i put all my chips in the

middle, and it's 9 hours in. He folds.

AJo in MP. Open for 3000 take blinds.

AKo in CO open for 3500, take blinds.

200/800/1600
AJs in BB. SB open completes. He's an American that has been telling me all about how he plays in all the events blah blah. That's all i know

about him. I make it 5k, he folds.

AQs in UTG+1 open for 400. Aggro C calls in the BB.
AT4r. He checks i bet 5000. He calls.
Turn 8. He checks, i think for a min or two, theres a lot in the pot, i don't want him getting tricky with me, so i push, and he folds.
44k, average = 42k

77 in CO. Open 4k, BB calls (Guy that i lost the race to).
48K He checks, and i check behind.
Turn and River are blanks, and we checked it down, and he mucks to my 77 (which i think was 3rd pair)

22 in UTG+1. Open for 4k. BB calls (He replaced Aggro B, and he's another aggro euro guy, i think i read that he final tabled one of the EPT

events before).
34Q flop. He checks, i bet out 5500, he folds.

JJ UTG. Open for 4k takes blinds.
53k.

QTs in SB. Button (the American guy, seems pretty solid, knows to steal) opens for 4000, I make it 10000 and take it down.
57k, average = 45k.

200/1000/2000

**Last level of the day, i start it w/ 57k**

KJo in MP open for 5k, takes the blinds.

**Last hand i played, for a long time**

**Day Two**

300/1500/3000

**I ended Day One paying the BB (The dealer decided to hurry to get one more hand in), and i draw the BB to start off Day Two. Sweet. Also,

Luca Pagano is immediately on my left, and Surrinder Sunar is immediately to my right, they're +/- 10k of me. I start Day two w/ 45200*

55 in MP, i open fold w/ a 32k stack. Not sure about this, i'm pretty sure it was bad, but we were two away from the bubble, i started the

day not knowing if i'd be able to make it, but then people went out really fast to start the day, and by then i was sure i could make it to

the money, and well, that was important because A) i had spent a decent amount on the trip B) i had to buy a new plane ticket so i could play

on Day Two. So i wasn't playing a hand unless i was comfortable, and i was no comfortable in that hand. Plus, there were 2 big stacks, and

Pagano to act behind me.

** Luca and Surinder both get knocked out, (luca in a KK vs AA confrontation, Surinder on a pretty bad resteal) It's hand for hand now **

AQs in the BB. SB guy that has me covered by a little, opens for 9k. I push, he thinks for a while and folds. I flip over the top card, which

happens to be the ace. then i go to muck, but the cards clip some chips the dealer was pushing my way, and they both flip over. I am an

internet donkey.
41k.

After this hand, i suddenly was comfortable again. And i felt really good, wasn't nervous at all, which was wierd because we were righton the

bubble.

400/2000/4000

J4o in BB. SB open completes this time. I check. flop comes ragged, then the river makes the board J high. Thats when he decides to bet at

the pot, i have him slightly covered, i push, he folds, phew.

Next hand

55 in the SB. I open push ~55k or so, into the big stack at the table who would end up winning the whole tournament. He asks for a count, and

then folds.

~65k here.

**Bubble breaks, the guy on my right was the one that busted, he was another Stars qualifier, and he didn't play the bubble especially well,

but the hand he went out on was fine, he pushed AJs in Lp, aggressive big stack (one of the ones i was afraid to push into w/ my 55) called

w/ 66 and won the race. **

99 in MP. Open to 10k takes the blinds.
60k.

600/3000/6000

A9o 3rd to act at a 8 person table. I fold w/ a 50k stack. Think that was probably bad.

AJo next hand. Push, and take the pot.

QJo in SB. I open push, BB folds. 60k.

JJ in MP. Push for 50k, BB only has like 10k total, and he calls. He shows A2, and i hit a J on the flop and i win. Up to 65k now and

knocking that guy out made a pay increase. 15 left now.

A9o in BB. Big stack, who has made tons of loose calls (called decent pushes w/ QJ (after limping in CO), 44 (after limping in CO), and AT

(well, he put a guy in w/ ATo, but the guy didnt have much left after raising and was definitely calling). Anyway, he opens from the button

for 21k. I know he limped his mediocre hands on the button before, and he actually gave SB a walk last hand. But this was the last hand at

this level, it goes to 800/4000/8000 next, and the average was approaching 200k. So, i thought even though it seems like he has a hand, this

was my spot, theres still a decent chance i'm ahead of him, and i probably have 3 outs if he has a real hand, cause he's not betting AA that

way. So yea, i pushed, and he had QQ. 9 came on the flop, but no more help, and i'm out 14th.

So anyways, my first thoughts on live play:

People aren't that good. Even the pro's. The pros i recognized (Ram, Surinder, Luca, and some guy whos name i dont know) weren't intimidating, they just played solid. The intimidating guys were the aggro swedish guys at my first table, but they weren't that good either. Not that i thought i was great or anything, but i was happy to see that the pro's weren't like magically great. I could definitely get to that level (or so i'm going to tell myself)

against them and let them bet into me. So anyways, had a great time, met some nice people, and definitely am goign to try and get to

Copenhagen/Bahamas/Monte Carlo to start the new year.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: EPT Dublin Summary (Decently long)

Good start but you got a ways to go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Jason
Old 10-31-2005, 02:59 PM

thx for the trip report. very informative and appreciated.

question about this hand:

AcAd UTG+1. UTG limps, i make it 350, BB and UTG call.
797 two diamonds, Checked to me, i make it 500, SB folds, UTG calls. UTG has also been aggro, but not 'smart' like the other guy.
turn 9d, UTG bets out 1100, i make it 3500 he folds.
Stack ~ 12000

What was the reason for the raise? Do you think you get a call from a hand you dominate? What if he called or re-raised?

By raising, you assume you have a dominating hand, which most of the time, you do. Is there any legitimacy to calling and hoping he fires out another bet on the river?

Congrats on the finish.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:03 PM

Good read. Congrats again on the finish.

thanks for the report, nice post.

I think you made a mistake on the QTs straight hand, either that or misread.

The fold of 55 on the bubble seems perfectly reasonable to me.

GG Candyman.

I botched writing the flop on that hand. As my friend just pointed out, the board can't be double paired, and have 3 to a flush. But i'm sure the board was paired, and there were 3 diamonds.

And i raised, because if i call, i'm most likley calling his bet on the river, so i wanted to raise, try and take the pot now, and if i get called A) i very well could still have best hand B) have the flush draw. If he pushed me, that woudl have sucked, and i dunno what i would have done. Probably called.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:05 PM

With the board not double-paired, the raise makes a lot more sense. I also did not see the flush draw, so you likely have a re-draw if he has trips. I understand the raise now.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:09 PM

awesome report. Thanks for sharing and congrats.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you made a mistake on the QTs straight hand, either that or misread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh, yea i'm fixing it now. I had a straight.

edit: Doh, too late to edit it. the T is supposed to be an A. So the guy checked top pair w/ 4 guys still in, and then checked two 2 pair. And man am i happy he did.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 PM

Nice report and finish EO. Congrats.