Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Good Taj stories?

Well, a royal flush in clubs was dealt on the board a few tables over from me last time I was there, but that's not funny in the same vein as your stories.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:26 AM

I saw an arrest by a cop who was playing at the same table as the criminal, as they dragged him away he said something like (let me just finish this hand).

5-6 fist fights.

I saw a bum pissing on the carpet right outside the door to the mid limit section.

I've personally been thrown out three times.

Countless meth/crack whore "pickup" lines after 1am, seeing the dudes leave with them is the best.

Trashcan fire.

Saw a dealer get told to go home after a fight with a player.

Some bum stalked me after I made a big score in the 40/80 game, he was staking me out for hours looking through the glass watching our game (which they didn't put in the high limit pit) every time I went out for a smoke he would ask me for money. Finally I gave him 5 bucks to shut him up, when I went to cash out he followed me to the cage and asked for more. He tried to follow me out to the car, but he was really slow so we ditched him.

There are more, but as you can tell i suck as a story teller.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5-6 fist fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocking.

Last spring I'm playing 3/6 at about 10:00 PM. All of a sudden some younger guy at the first table over by the cage (another 3/6 game) starts screaming at someone else at the table. He's screaming "Come on, buddy! You want to go? Let's go outside right now!" etc, trying to pick a fight. After about 3 mins of this tirade it becomes obvious he's yelling at this older guy (in his 60's or so).

At this point he's starting to make aggressive moves towards the guy, who hasn't left his seat or done anything that I can see. One floorwoman is walking over by us, snickering, with her back to the action. No other floor is over there, and security is nowhere to be seen.

This continues for a bit longer with no house intervention whatsoever, until a 20-something guy built like a brick chit-house gets up from a table over by the rail, walks towards the action and yells "If you're going to swing at someone, you're swinging at me!!!" and keeps walking towards the table.

Loudmouth sits down like a scolded puppy dog and not another peep is heard. Whole room erupts in applause. Only then do two "security guards" appear, and they don't even walk the guy who was yelling that whole time.

And then people wonder why the place has the reputation it does.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:21 AM

Ive posted this before, but I saw a player pee himself at the table and not get up.

Ive also seen multiple fistfights as well as a player throwing his 4 card omaha hand directly into the dealers face while muttering "fat whore"

Finally, there was the individual who dropped his losing aces down the money chute and abruptly left the room
Old 12-30-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"

Finally, there was the individual who dropped his losing aces down the money chute and abruptly left the room

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 12:37 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

The aces down the money chute is classic...I love it!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've personally been thrown out three times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hear these.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:22 AM

I once played 10/20 through the graveyard shift while sitting next to a likely 2p2er who had horrible dandruff and stank, but who didnt protect his cards, so I looked at them all night long and got to see 4 cards for the price of 2.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:30 AM

whats he short and pudgy, with little sausage fingers by chance
Old 12-30-2005, 10:45 AM

Pretty sure I've posted this before, but I saw a Taj floorwoman throw up in a garbage can because a player smelled so bad.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Taj, though.

-McGee