Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you base your tip on?
Service is included (I pretend I'm European) 4 5.00%
Total with tax 47 58.75%
Pre-tax total 29 36.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Beer Pong Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but where I'm from the feeling towards people who "stack" empty cups ranges from contempt to outright hatred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never even heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think he recognizes it. Stacking cups is when you just put a cup inside another cup when it is empty and no longer in use; its dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, I don't feel this way about Evan, I was responding to the OP who was listing his range of emotions when seeing stackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? you clearly stated you mean Evan.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought.

I still don't understand why you'd stack cups for basically all the reasons that Matt pointed out earlier in the thread.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The game is Beirut. Three people per team, ten cups per person, any formation. The cups must be 9 ounces. The cups in that picture are way too big -- no skill invoved. No blowing allowed. Bounces/deflections are allowed, however once the ball hits the table or rim the opposition may defend. After you drink a cup, you put it back. If the other team hits the empty, that person drinks. If you're drinking like a slow ass pussy and someone hits that cup again, everyone on your team drinks one. And let me say again, those cups are way, way too big.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is with all this racking? After you drink the cup, put it back where it was. If the other team hits the empty, they drink a cup. There's way more skill involved this way.

Also, do you really all use those big ass cups?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that would make [censored] teams play faster, that's for sure.

We used to have a rule where you had to funnel any beer that remained. When we decided to play full cup beiruit, that turned out to be a bad idea, but we kept it anyways...
Old 11-15-2005, 06:33 PM

WTF you play with all full cups? You guys must either be huge drinkers or enjoy very short parties.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF you play with all full cups? You guys must either be huge drinkers or enjoy very short parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

F these 2P2 get togethers that involve Poker. There should be an organizing of a NYC Beirut tourny. I actually have a point system based on either round robin, or straight tournament style that would result in a pro-bowl as well.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F these 2P2 get togethers that involve Poker. There should be an organizing of a NYC Beirut tourny. I actually have a point system based on either round robin, or straight tournament style that would result in a pro-bowl as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
You lost me with the point system, but I like beer.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You lost me with the point system, but I like beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I got excited. People like to be rated as far as their pong skills go. I have such a rating system, that includes all facets of the game. (even defense)
Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is beirut, which is played with 10 cups and usually 3-4 beers.

Pong is played with paddles, 6 cups, and 4-5 beers (whatever constitutes a full pitcher). A table that short/narrow would make for a really really bad pong game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in. I suck though, but it's cool, I get to drink more.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, what's wrong with stacking the empties? What do you just throw them on the floor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Put them along the side of the table in a one by one/wall set up. This keeps the ping pong ball on the table as well as keeping the bottom/sides of cups from touching the inner portion of the cup (hygeine please!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The keeping the cups clean is real important in a game where the ball is being dipped in sludge water after each shot. When I play we usually use new cups for each setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes a difference. We change our water after each game, and we play in the middle of the woods and our cups last us an entire night. You change after each game? You guys don't play a lot do you? You crazy college kids can't be purchasing 500 solo cups. That's insanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's this thing called "Sam's Club" in the midwest. You can buy 50000000 Solo Cups for what it costs us for 50 in NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last few times we got the 500 packs of Solo's from Costco.

And you know damn well I don't live in the midwest. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in. I suck though, but it's cool, I get to drink more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in too if it's in December. I'm really good though, but it's cool, my opponents get to drink more.