Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: [censored] Canada

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing more fun than the age old Canada debate and just how gosh darn defensive the Canadians are about it. We pick on Canada in jest, and they get all worked up and like wave leaves at us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine a country that would say no when Frenchmen told them they wanted to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have any other beef with Canadia? Post it here. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We're sorry Jihad, you're post has been rejected due to bandwidth limitations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 AM

In my first year Canadian Geography class we had a unit solely on how the U.S. continually tries to screw Canada.

One example was the scallop fishery off the east coast. It is a little tricky deciding who own what part of the Ocean, and there are a couple ways to do it. U.S. And Canada were fighting over how to do it in this case. They got an arbitrator and agreed to accept whatever they decided. The Canadians said lets be fair and split it down the middle method. The States said lets do it the way that serves us the best. The arbitrator decided to take the middle between which they had eached asked for giving the U.S. much more of the area. So Canada gets screwed but of course accepts because they had an agreement. Not long after they find that the scallops for some reason are living off the tip of some underwater trench which happens to lay in the portion given to Canada and 80% of the scallops were in their area. So anyone want to guess what the U.S. does. You probably guessed right, they decided to ignore the arbitrators ruling they agreed to abide by and fished for them where ever they pleased.

rJ
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 AM

I'm so glad you told this story. That made my day. There is still hope in the world.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:54 AM

I figured it had enough entertainment value to be a little off topic. We had a whole unit on this stuff.

rJ
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 AM

Was 9/11 devised by scallop fisherman?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured it had enough entertainment value to be a little off topic. We had a whole unit on this stuff.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys actually have classes where you learn how to hate us? That makes me feel special! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys actually have classes where you learn how to hate us? That makes me feel special! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not so much learning to hate you as it is receiving facts and coming to a logical conclusion.

rJ
Old 12-09-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Many economists predict that within two decades, water will be traded around the world much as oil is now.
Canada contains more than 20% of the worlds fresh water resources. With its resources, they say, Canada is poised to become the richest nation on earth.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Canada's got one heck of a lot of oil in shale. It's expensive to extract, but at today's prices becoming economically viable.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not so much learning to hate you as it is receiving facts and coming to a logical conclusion.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

What conclusion is that? HATRED?