Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Very Frustrating situation with Empire

[ QUOTE ]
"I had to log-out of empire because of my disconnect on the 3 other one's. When I logged out it would not let me log back on. This wasn't my fault and it wasn't the ISP. It was because Empire was experiencing difficulties at the time. I was playing 4 SNG's at once....and 3 of them went down. So I HAD to log-out to try toget the 3 other one's to work again. But when I did.....I was just shut out completely."

etc etc.

"If the other 3 hadn't gotten disconnected I would never have had to log-off the client in the first place. It wouldn't let me back on!! I tried and I tried....and my internet-connection was fine.
The problem came when I had 3 other tables go out on me and I HAD to log-off."

blah blah blah.

Mentioning stuff like open-folding AQ and 99 is just arguing the wrong point and will confuse them and lead them to say "we can see that you were having difficulties with your connection."

Pick the ONE point and stick to it and repeat it over and over until they actually get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point, and I will do this in my next email which I think I will send to royal@empirepoker to see if they can figure it out.

Obviously my frustration is apparent in these emails I thought that might convey to them a sense of urgency about righting the whole situation.

Do you know what thier phone number is?

[ QUOTE ]
Question 2: You were refunded $265 for each of the $215's that you were knocked off of??

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the way the refund policy works when it is their fault is that the prize pool is divided up among disconnected players at the time of the problem. So in all 3 of my "disconnected" games their were 8 people remaining (2000/8=250) + the fee ($15) = $265 refunded.

I should be getting at least $265 and likely more for the amount of people remaining when I was disconnected but I would understand if they thought it would be appropriate to only give my $215 back.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:01 PM

Oh, I am not attacking OP, just playing devil's advocate.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:06 PM

To answer your questions (assuming you are not just flaming)

[ QUOTE ]
And OP, why the hell are you playing 4 $215s when EVERYONE is getting booted?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 8 $215s and had started them all well before any problem had occured on any site that I was aware of. I almost always 8+ table.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you think acting impolite would get them to refund you quickly and shut you up?

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth and hadn't really taken a lot of time considering strategy or wording. I was frustrated that I got disconnected, and worried I was out the money when it wasn't my fault. I don't think my tone was anything too excessive considering the service I recieved and the fact that I had lost the expected return over the next few hours I had planned to play as well.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think my tone was anything too excessive considering the service I recieved

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't think it was TOO excessive.
But it obviously hasn't been very effective for you yet.

Just another point on my suggestion which you seemed to like.
Do NOT assume that they will read all of your previous e-mails that you send back.
In fact, if you are contacting a new address I would recommend just sending a brand new FRESH e-mail without all the previous attachments.
Don't even mention that you have already been having a conversation about this (because they might be inclined to say "well...we WOULD consider giving him his money back. but we don't want to go over the head of someone who has already made a previous ruling on this." or something like that).

I think that sending a brand-new e-mail like it's the first time you have contacted ANYONE about this situation might give you a fighting chance.

And be sure to mention that whole royal-flush club bit again and mention how much you LOVE playing at empire.
I would normally add that you could also mention the quality customer-service you always get there,...but that might be too much for you to swallow!!

good luck.

to luke's previous question - if he hadn't played for a day or two or read the forums he might not have been aware that party/empire were having severe disconnection issues.
not everyone keeps up with every little online-poker tragedy in the world.
obviously if he had already been aware of the connection probs then he would have been foolish to play a bunch of $215's.

Didn't look at the dates...but I'm guessing it could have occured at the very beginning of this whole connectivity situation there.