Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM

Default My timid JJ play

A bit confusing hand.
Party 1/2$.
CO - is TPA (according to his 50 hands)
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB.

CO perhaps raises flush draw, so I think I should bet the turn.
What do you think?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: My timid JJ play

No way I could fold this with only 50 hands on villian. I'd 3-bet that flop and call down from there.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:40 PM

3 bet the flop
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM

That's awful.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:45 PM

-blind response-

pf seems fine. COs cold call suggests a medium pair, mid suited connectors, or retardedness.

flop:you may need a better read on the cutoff, but overall this is the best possible result for your hand. When CO raised your bet, he blew away the rest of the field, forcing lots of naked broadways to get out of the way. This can be good for you.

turn:If you think that CO is capable of raising the flop for a free turn card, then you have to bet here. A turn raise would be worrisome, but a decent player could raise a A5s, or 88-TT here.

If you think CO is not that sophisticated, then it becomes more and more likely that he holds 55 or AA, and a check/call looks better. I don't check/fold here because anyone with a 5 or a whiffed pocket pair can be both waaay behind you and proud of his hand here.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:57 PM

A TPA maybe CC'd his [any pair], and so you may have to figure you have the better pair most of the time, discounting the dreaded 55 or 77. Otherwise, I can't figure him for a hand, maybe [big cards][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So, I'm not giving up on the flop. I 3-bet and call down, and check/call to the river in the face of his aggression. If he doesn't cap the flop, then I bet into him on the turn. Not giving an FD any free card.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:00 PM

Promise to never do this type of thing again. Folding here is a massive leak in your game.

You're ahead like 95% of the time here. Most players who have trips will wait until the turn to raise. This guy could have just about anything here. He could have a flush draw, a str8 draw, a random pocket pair he might have two jokers!

Players regularly raise the flop to see if you have overcards to a board like this. Punish them severely by 3-betting the flop or C/Ring the turn when you have an overpair. Worry only when the guy caps the flop or raises your turn C/R.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate money. 50 hands is nowhere near enough to put Villan on a hand that beats us to the degree where we just call the flop and fold the turn.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Promise to never do this type of thing again. Folding here is a massive leak in your game.

You're ahead like 95% of the time here. Most players who have trips will wait until the turn to raise. This guy could have just about anything here. He could have a flush draw, a str8 draw, a random pocket pair he might have two jokers!

Players regularly raise the flop to see if you have overcards to a board like this. Punish them severely by 3-betting the flop or C/Ring the turn when you have an overpair. Worry only when the guy caps the flop or raises your turn C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, once they see you are capable of folding so easily, they will put you to the test every time you raise pf.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:29 PM

Against a tag especially he could easily be doing this with a 5, a PP or a flush draw hoping that you have AK. I think you need to 3 bet the flop.