Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 11:42 PM

Default 7 card odds

Is there a site with detailed percentages for 7 card. For example in holdem, I know what AA vs QQ would about 80% to win, or KK vs unpaired flush draw on flop would be about 65% to win. But being relatively new to 7 card I'm looking for stats such as Aces on each street becoming make ace up, trips, etc. Or two small pair on 4th to hold up vs an opponetn's one over pair. Any ideas, thanks.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 7 card odds

Well, go to twodimes.net, and you can do some of them there. Otherwise, these percentages are tough, since the amount of exposed cards vary from hand to hand, depending on how many people hold. So you can do some sample calculations on this also fairly easily using probability theory. That is about the best I can give you. Some people here might know some rough answers also.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 7 card odds

[ QUOTE ]
Well, go to twodimes.net, and you can do some of them there. Otherwise, these percentages are tough, since the amount of exposed cards vary from hand to hand, depending on how many people hold. So you can do some sample calculations on this also fairly easily using probability theory. That is about the best I can give you. Some people here might know some rough answers also.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you hit the nail on the head. You can know certain things, such as without knowing anything else you are about 1.4:1 (i think??) to hit your flush when you have a 4 flush on 4th....problem is, this changes depending on the number of dead flush cards out and even more in stud than hold em this doeesnt mean you will win when you do. Much easier to know that if the board doesnt pair and you have the ace high flush you are in good shape, but in stud that isnt the case.