Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 04:37 PM

Default 25NL to 50NL

Hello all. I've been reading the forum for quite a while, but this is my frist post. I started with a $100 BR about two months ago, and have been playing Party 25 NL. About two weeks into it I purchased pokertracker and began using gametime+. Over my first 25K hands I have been successful, averaging about 15BB/100 hands. Consequently, my BR has built to around 2K. I know this is grossly overbankrolled for 25NL, but I haven't felt comfortable moving up until recently. I messed around earlier this month with 50 NL, and over 4K hands, averaged 1.5 BB/100 ( =/ ). My question is what are the typical winnings I can expect from this game, and if anyone has any tips to help me adjust, that would be great.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 25NL to 50NL

I don't think you'll be able to maintain 15 BB/100 at the 50 NL level. Over about 10k hands I am at 10 and I think I am on my game. I also use gametime+. There is just fewer fish that will consistently call down with trash, IMO.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: 25NL to 50NL

I just have a comment about bankroll size. The common figure I see thrown out most is 20 buy ins.

This is a typical recommendation but everyone is different. For me I need a bankroll of about 40 buy ins, not because I play like a maniac and have huge swings, but because this is where I find psychological comfort. I do not play my best with 20 buy ins. I am TOO risk adverse with only 20 buy ins. I am always watching the bottom line and worrying...damn now I have 18.5 buy ins....

I recently experimented with this. I was playing with 7 buy ins. It didn't work for me.

There is a guy in the mid high stakes forum that plays the 5 thousand buy ins who moved up in stakes very fast on a slim bankroll. I can not do that, the risk scares me too much.

So the 20 buy ins is a suggesetion. A guideline. You need to find what works for you.