Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Default interesting 5&5 hand against maniac

I'm foggy on the details but i think i can remember the main gist...
5+5 NLHE...

My stack: $2,500
Maniac stack: $25,000

background: The maniac is extremely loose aggressive, but not unreasonable. He's an MIT student, so he understands the math. He's also incredibly wealthy and he truely does not care about money. He's competetive and wants to win. That said, His grasp of NLHE may be a little lacking and definitely likes to push people around. I've seen him do just about everything. Make huge calls with nothing (correctly), make huge calls with nothing (and be very wrong)....Make giant raises with nothing, big draws, the nuts, or somewhere in between. He's capable of anything (except playing passively)...In the long run, he's good for the game, but he's definitely not an easy mark and will give you headaches in the short run. At the time, he probably saw me as a tight player who folded to a lot of raises.

UTG limps, I limp w 8-8, maniac limps, button limps, both blinds limp....

Flop- 6-7-8 w/ two spades (6-players)

UTG bets 30, i raise to $175, and maniac raises to $1100. What should i do? (results below in white-->highlight to see)

<font color="white"> I Reraised all in. If i called i would have been pot-commited against this player. I raised to make a flush draw, straight draw, or pair + draw pay....He showed me the nut-straight and i lost the hand. In hindsight, i really hate the way i played this hand.</font>&lt;------Results