Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: This isn\'t in the playbook, but it should be

I think the most critical point of this hand was the flop. Laying down your two pair would have been tough, but I had to believe that MP3 had a high pocket pair after raising and capping Preflop. If this had been the turn or river, continuing would have been easier, but from the flop forward, you lost about 9.5BB if I counted right--and that hurts!

If I were to continue, I'd be very wary and be calling, which I'm not crazy about for 3 rounds of betting. Once the third 6 hits and with the size of the pot, I think you have to stay in with your full house, but I wouldn't have been raising; I'd have been "crying" as I called to the end.

But as I said before, I think folding when the flop hit, while a tough lay down, would have been correct.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:42 PM

Thanks for your analysis. I'm not sure if the guys criticizing my play earlier realized that I had a full house on the turn or not. I defintaly thought I was still ahead until MP3's 3-bet on the river, but by then I had to see my hand to showdown. If MP3 had not been in the hand, button and MP2 would have still played their hands the same way. I wouldn't dream of folding anywhere then, whould I? I definatly think folding the turn here is wrong. If you want to make any criticism, my call of the river when it was 3 cold to me was it. And trust me, that was definatly a crying call.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your analysis. I'm not sure if the guys criticizing my play earlier realized that I had a full house on the turn or not. I defintaly thought I was still ahead until MP3's 3-bet on the river, but by then I had to see my hand to showdown. If MP3 had not been in the hand, button and MP2 would have still played their hands the same way. I wouldn't dream of folding anywhere then, whould I? I definatly think folding the turn here is wrong. If you want to make any criticism, my call of the river when it was 3 cold to me was it. And trust me, that was definatly a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they did. I'm also pretty sure they realized that the guy who capped PF that had the higher pocket pair had a better full house and thus had you beat.