Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Room....my experience.

I sort of knew I was going to get grief from being post #1. Enhhh....goes with the territory, I have been a long time poster on NWP, however after the WSOP apperances of Todd and Dustin the site was inundated with tons of newbies who I couldn't stomach anymore and just gave up and moved over to card player forums to talk about.....poker. I have written numerous articles on SNG strategy and helped a ton of people to become better players. I also know about SOP, however SOP and customer service are two differnt things. Here is a snipit from an article on laundering money.

[ QUOTE ]
The IGC told the FATF that stringent player registration and ongoing verification processes for online gambling, in conjunction with the appropriate regulatory oversight and banking regulations, satisfy the "know your customer" requirement that is basic to any fight against money laundering. This, combined with the advanced computer technology that's available to Web site operators, is a strong deterrent to money launderers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now...there is the rub. Here is a dedicated player logging in tons of hours and giving them tons of money...and they wont give me a pass on this helping out two of their prolific customers?

And yes...it is our money on their sites. Just like it is your money in your Neteller or local bank account. No, I have cashed out of Absolute and other sites, and they gave me all my money, didn't gaff me on my change. Regardless of the amounts, any time someone takes a dollar or 10 bucks or 87 cents that isn't theirs...that is wrong. It is our money, it was Mike's money when he transfered it to me, it was mine after it was in my account, what I choose to do with it after that is my decision that is the bottom line. If they feel something nefarious is happening, they can contact me. However, in ths instance, we both contacted them and tried everything we could to resolve it...real criminal like. They wouldn't lift a finger, even lost our business on their site due to it, again a failure of customer service and any policy that losses you money is a bad policy.

I got pretty thick skin, so some flaming aint gonna drive me away, it is the Net and it is pretty normal. If you ever saw the welcoming messages people would get at NWP...lol...well let's just say pretty damn mean.

If anyone would be so kind as to show me the source of this laundering code that off shore institutions are handcuffed under I would love to see it.

And yes...I left I am back on PS now playing there on their 25% bonus right now.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 PM

Keep your personal problems with Doyle to yourself.

Granny LOVES doyle. Doyle loves granny.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Jesus, why would you admit to being an affiliate?

nh
Old 10-14-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep your personal problems with Doyle to yourself.

Granny LOVES doyle. Doyle loves granny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, either you missed the RIF truck or you might have some serious comprehension problems with the English language. No one ever said anything about Doyle in a negative or derogatory way through any of these posts. You took upon yourself to go Lee Harvey on me spitting on your monitor and freaking out over this...not anyone else. This is about a site that has his name on it, that is a skin of another site, relax and take some deep breathes and quit freaking out.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is another rule, if you didn't deposit with Neteller....you can't withdrawal with Neteller...makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUH!!!! Didn't you read the rules for Neteller before you got an account??? What a dweeb !!! I don't belong to Doyle's room, but I do belong to a site that is part of his network and I've NEVER had a problem with them or with Neteller.

Donna

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...brings me back to grade school [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lucky sucker

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling someone lucky is opinion, but may be true at times of course.

Calling someone a sucker is in bad taste.

Calling someone a lucky sucker is truly in bad taste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying someone is a "lucky sucker" is not bad, maybe English is not your first language and the cultural nuances of the word sucker being used in this context is lost on you. It is just a way of saying very lucky, not that he is a sucker or anything bad. Do a search of it being used on the net; in 99% of the time being used it will normally be used as a term for very lucky.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:46 PM

relax and take some deep breathes and quit freaking out.

this was not a Granny freakout. i can point you to some GOOOOD one's tho (pittm, ramaclitva, ryan21, kaz [the original of course], tomd, flfishhead, hoppy, onlinechimp, etc etc etc)

my problems with your post was:

1. you are either a regular who cowardly created a new account to bash doyle's site over something that is a security feature to make us all safe, OR you are a true new poster that thinks going to all of the forums and posting this tirade will do some good. this is posting extortion, and those of us that have been here from the start have seen it a thousand times.

2. you inferred that doyle was simply selling his image and if you had done any research at all, you would have realized that this sully of his reputation is reprehensible.

3. calling doyle a lucky sucker conjures up the notion that you feel he may not be any good. that would be the varkonyi-syndrome, not the doyle syndrome, and i am very defensive of doyle.

good luck with your mission

Old 10-14-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
relax and take some deep breathes and quit freaking out.

this was not a Granny freakout. i can point you to some GOOOOD one's tho (pittm, ramaclitva, ryan21, kaz [the original of course], tomd, flfishhead, hoppy, onlinechimp, etc etc etc)

my problems with your post was:

1. you are either a regular who cowardly created a new account to bash doyle's site over something that is a security feature to make us all safe, OR you are a true new poster that thinks going to all of the forums and posting this tirade will do some good. this is posting extortion, and those of us that have been here from the start have seen it a thousand times.

2. you inferred that doyle was simply selling his image and if you had done any research at all, you would have realized that this sully of his reputation is reprehensible.

3. calling doyle a lucky sucker conjures up the notion that you feel he may not be any good. that would be the varkonyi-syndrome, not the doyle syndrome, and i am very defensive of doyle.

good luck with your mission

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough...I hear ya, If I was just a hit and ru artist, I would probably not be here still dilegently answering these replies. Outside of the childish one which was just stupid and not worth replying to. I know what you mean though... 1 post "hey guys I found this site and made a ton of money off of it, you all need to go check it out!!! >insert affiliate link here<".

The only thing I am doing is exactly what I told them I would do...spread the word on their site and my experience. I have met Doyle at the Bike, I have played with him online, and like I stated nothing but respect for him...few have any concept of what he went through in the early days to have poker the way it is now.

Now you tell me if this is lucky, ok you be the judge. Doyle is dealt JcQd other player is holding AhAs. Flop comes Ac 4d 10C, AA bets out, doyle hits his gut shot on turn with Kc. AA raises cautiously into the possible straight, Doyle raises AA calls, river brings Qc giving Doyle the Royal. That is friggen lucky, 10 bracelets does not make you a one time Moneymake wonder, it is because you are a legend in the sport.

My only goal here is to tell people what happened (Like I told them I would), in fact I will probably stick around and see if I can learn or help with subjects.

Nope....not new to the site, just nevered botherd registering before. I am no fan however of the message lay out, confusing structure to follow a thread...at least to me.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:03 PM

So he hit a gutshot to make him the best hand, and the river improved his hand to a stronger one? I don't think I've ever seen this happen in poker before.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So he hit a gutshot to make him the best hand, and the river improved his hand to a stronger one? I don't think I've ever seen this happen in poker before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep....just one of those Royal Flushes see em all the time.