Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: How crooked is Party Poker? My two cents.

I just played at Harrah's New Orleans WSOP. I was playing live and a man eliminated by Antonio Esfandiari told me the following story. He noticed Antonio raising with a lot of crap, so with the BB at 50, Antonio raised it to 500. The man called with K4 of hearts. Two 4's came on the flop and he raised Antonio 8000, all in. Antonio called with 97o and hit runner runner for a straight. This was the $10,000 buy-in event and Antonio flopped nothing! This was the first day of a 4 day event. Antonio won $223,000. Hope you feel better now. At least with your beat it was already in the program to happen. I lose with pocket AA all the time on line, so that's just one of the many reasons why I don't waste my time or money playing on line. My last on line beat with AA came on Poker Stars. It was a $2 NL with 1500 players. I was eliminated in 16th place. It was the only time in the event that I had AA. The BB was $4000. I limped in. The button raised to $8000, and both blinds called all in. I re-raised all in for $125,000. more. The button called with AK. A king on the flop and river. I got $20 for 16th. 1st paid $600. I had fun. I only play big money events with real cards, not computer programs.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just played at Harrah's New Orleans WSOP. I was playing live and a man eliminated by Antonio Esfandiari told me the following story. He noticed Antonio raising with a lot of crap, so with the BB at 50, Antonio raised it to 500. The man called with K4 of hearts. Two 4's came on the flop and he raised Antonio 8000, all in. Antonio called with 97o and hit runner runner for a straight. This was the $10,000 buy-in event and Antonio flopped nothing! This was the first day of a 4 day event. Antonio won $223,000. Hope you feel better now. At least with your beat it was already in the program to happen. I lose with pocket AA all the time on line, so that's just one of the many reasons why I don't waste my time or money playing on line. My last on line beat with AA came on Poker Stars. It was a $2 NL with 1500 players. I was eliminated in 16th place. It was the only time in the event that I had AA. The BB was $4000. I limped in. The button raised to $8000, and both blinds called all in. I re-raised all in for $125,000. more. The button called with AK. A king on the flop and river. I got $20 for 16th. 1st paid $600. I had fun. I only play big money events with real cards, not computer programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread has turned into a thread for noobs to post their bad beats.... I find this amusing. As for the OP, you seem to have learned your lesson and this is good. Welcome to the forum, and let us never read another bad beat post of yours again. To other noobs - keep your bad beat posts to this thread and out of MTT after this.

CSC
Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 PM

Did you forget to transfer your kickback before you started the tourney?
Old 05-30-2005, 10:33 PM

You played the hand OK. I don't like to go all in pre-flop. If the flop is bad I can fold. If the flop is good, proceed. At Harrah's New Orleans last week, I got AA UTG. I had $750 with the BB at $50. We started with $1000. I raised to $100. Someone raised all in and had me covered. Another player raised all in and had me covered. If I call with the best hand, somebody might get lucky and eliminate me. I can triple up to 2400. I can not win the tournement here, I can only lose the tournament. What would you do? I considered all aspects of the situation and decided to call all in. Other players were 88 and JJ. The flop was J23. I would've gotten broke no matter how I played the hand. The correct play was to not make the call all in. Fold and survive. I still had $650 left and could have built my stack back up. Going all in- I can't win the tournament here, I can only triple up, but I can get knocked out and lose the tournament, which is what happened. I took the risk because I wanted to play the super satelite for the $10,000 event at 8pm. It was only 1:30 and we wouldn't make the money until around 9pm.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played the hand OK. I don't like to go all in pre-flop. If the flop is bad I can fold. If the flop is good, proceed. At Harrah's New Orleans last week, I got AA UTG. I had $750 with the BB at $50. We started with $1000. I raised to $100. Someone raised all in and had me covered. Another player raised all in and had me covered. If I call with the best hand, somebody might get lucky and eliminate me. I can triple up to 2400. I can not win the tournement here, I can only lose the tournament. What would you do? I considered all aspects of the situation and decided to call all in. Other players were 88 and JJ. The flop was J23. I would've gotten broke no matter how I played the hand. The correct play was to not make the call all in. Fold and survive. I still had $650 left and could have built my stack back up. Going all in- I can't win the tournament here, I can only triple up, but I can get knocked out and lose the tournament, which is what happened. I took the risk because I wanted to play the super satelite for the $10,000 event at 8pm. It was only 1:30 and we wouldn't make the money until around 9pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hideous.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you learned your lesson. I don't think you'll make that mistake again.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:18 PM

So, he puts you on a pocket pair. Misses the flop, you bet weakly and he tries to push you off it. You got unlucky is all.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The short answer to the original post is this:

Your opponent hit a 20:1. It happens. 1 out of 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, 1 out of 21 times. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Yes he finished 2nd. Did you even watch him play it out?

I was watching this too. Great analysis.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Yes he finished 2nd. Did you even watch him play it out?

I'm playing in a "Second Chance" $225 NLHE tourney at the WSOP. We're down to 35 players and the top 19 get paid (starting field of 303). The structure is way fast so we're at 300/600/100a with an average stack of around 6k. I've got over 10k in the top 12 or so.

UTG pushes for about 6k. I've got AA and call hoping to get re-raised all-in by a bigger stack. After a few minutes he folds.

UTG turns over 33. Another player says "I threw away A3". The flop comes 3xx, turn and river blanks and I lose a huge chunk.

Live poker is rigged! I mean, I was a 90-10 favorite!