Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Two hands for review

These are from a 10+1 MTT on stars.

I start on a good table and am able to build my stack to T2700 in the first 20 minutes mostly by taking small pots without a showdown. Then the poker gods curse me and break my table. The first thing I notice at my new table is the player to my left has over T8000. I soon see the he is playing almost every pot. Both bilnd have been play somewhat tight. So this leads to my firts hand.

Blinds 25/50

hero is in CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Play is folded to me. With the loose big stack on the button knowing he will call with a lesser hand I decide to put in a bigger the average raise to get heads up with him.

Hero bets T225; button calls; SB folds; then the BB raises all in(1500). Total pot 2025

now it will cost 1275 to call; plus I almost sure the button will call. I figure that I'm a coin flip at best while possibly a huge underdog. so I fold.

I now get cold carded for the next half an hour but right before the first break I finally get a new table. I continue to hang around but am getting short stacked. With blinds at 100/200 I double up to T2700 UTG when my AQ beats 99. My next hand is

Blinds 100/200

Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 limps; CO limps; Hero checks.Pot=T700

Flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 500; UTG+1 calls; CO folds.Pot=1700

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero goes all-in for 2000.

Read on utg+1: Loose player/passive. He has called bets on the flop 3 or 4 times only to fold to a turn bet. But a few hands before this he flopped the nut straight and only checked and called his oppenents bet on the flop and turn then checked again on the river.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Two hands for review

Hand 1 seems pretty standard, although in 10 dollar tournaments its not all that uncommon to see them do that with real junk like AJo and ATo.

Hand 2 you cant get away from that with your stack. The only other possible way to play it may be check raise all in if you know that player last to act likes to bet if its checked to him. I probably play it the way you do though.