Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Update on my party points

Hi MicroBob,
I have been following your posts about your party points. I am trying to win the cruise as well. I have been playing 4 games round the clock sinse Feb 1st barely getting any sleep. Just wanted to say good luck. I think I have enough points by now but am waiting till it updates on the website to confirm. What a stupid system they have with updating these points so early in the morning. As well, I'm not sure when I am supposed to send in my email telling them that I have enough points. Now? or when its updated online?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant imagine more than 20 people have put in the sweat you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly not putting more sweat perhaps. But I can definitely see 20 people beating me to it anyway.

I got less than 5k points on my first day because I only played the final 7 hours of the happy hours...and then that evening went out with the GF from about 5p-1a (central).
I got a decent head-start since I knew about it right when it was announced...but I pretty much balanced that out by getting in zero play that evening.

My points breakdown is
Day 1 - 4836
Day 2 - 7992
Day 3 - 8208
Total - 21036

Day 4 is hopefully 9000 but there's a very good chance I came up short.

If I did make it to 30k somehow (I'm awake now because I'm waiting for the accts page to update...which I determined is how it needs to be done) then I've got a good chance.

But I can see how someone could get 10k points for each of 3 days if they REALLY put in some hard hours.

I also don't know if the 10/20 and 15/30 BBJ tables will accumulate points significantly faster than 10/20 6-max (obviously more points on the BBJ...but not as many hands). If they do then it would be even more realistic to think someone could get 10k points a day for 3 days.

Obviously there are probably some 24-hour teams out there who beat me....
and that's not even including the refer-a-friend program types who could have conceiveably referred 23 players on the first day and gotten the 30k points right away.
many believe that this is a significant factor to the extent that think they will be getting most of the points.

I had no referrals so I wasn't able to boost my numbers that way at all.

You can boycot and/or send a letter if you like.
I'm not going to stop you and I do appreciate the support.

But I don't think it's necessary.
I came into this thinking I had a 10% chance of getting it. Currently I put my chances perhaps a little bit higher than that.
And I don't think a boycot will solve anything anyway.

So...here I am....awake at a silly hour on a Saturday morning just clicking away on my accounts page waiting for it to update (which I hope will happen in a couple hours).
Old 02-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Well...my worries about falling short were mostly unfounded.

I got 10224 points yesterday and finished the week with 31260 so I actually had some room to spare.

Thought I might fall short....but during the final hours I was probably noticing every one of those hands that went unraked way more than I normally would have and it was starting to make me paranoid about not getting enough points.

Party has gotten back with me and has told me that my request has been forwarded to the appropriate department and they will get back to me on Feb 7 regarding the package.

fingers crossed!!!

I really don't want to get my hopes up because it is still VERY likely that I won't get it....but it's hard not to think about how freaking great it would be if it were somehow to work out.

thanks again for all the support and kind words everyone.

I was telling my GF that all my little cyber-buddies on 2+2 whom I've never met (mostly) were posting and sending me PM's and commenting in my blog that they were pulling for me all the way and it really made me feel good.

I probably got 30 or so such "GL Bob!! Hope you get it!!" type posts and messages and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Good luck bob, send me a postcard!
~Justin
Old 02-05-2005, 12:03 PM

Bob, you deserve props just on account of this herculean effort of the last week. Regardless of whether or not you get it, a few days off would be well deserved.

I'm still tryin' to win my way on the old school way via ghetto 7 dollar sub qualifier. It might work provided I don't continue my boneheaded pattern of play in the semi-finals.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:08 PM

Good luck I hope one of the good guys does get it.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:15 PM

can i get a link to your blog? thanks.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:19 PM

Feb 7th? That's a brutal wait period for something like this.

Good luck, hope you get it!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:39 PM

My turn to wish you the best of luck Bob.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:47 PM

There isn't a soul here NOT rooting for you.

My advice: I truly think that you WILL get yourself a cruise package if you find the right channel of communication...maybe that means emailing Party "support" twice an hour until you get a rep who will put your email in the hands of the right supervisor, but it can't hurt. Even if they don't have that much pull, at least when they're sorting out all the qualifying entries, they'll remember you as the guy who wouldn't stop emailing them, and seems really passionate about it, and earned the points the old-fashioned way (no referalls).