Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Giants Houston

Does anyone else like the Giants again today (+179)? Jerome Williams was pretty good last year and may not be getting the respect compared to Clemens. Also Houston has shown they have no bull-pen. The Astros are way less scary then I imagined during the off season.

Disclaimer: Die hard Giant's fan.

D.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Giants Houston

I like this price too. We need some props here:

Barry Goes Yard.
Barry Takes one of the Dome.
Giants Throw behind Clements.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Giants Houston

For a team that won 100 games last season the Giants are getting no respect at all in the line. I have been on them so far and will be again today albiet small with the runline.

Houston hyped to fadable levels. They are old and I feel Pettite and Clemens will both be at least semi-busts. Oswalt and Miller and the rest of the staff is pretty good though I think. Without the Yankees behind them neither would have had nearly as much success last year and the Astros aren't the Yankees. Then again the Yankees are hyped to fadable levels too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's bizarro season so far! Look for a Detroit/Milwaukee World series [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't actually think that will happen. But look for old doormats like the Tigers, TB, Pittsburgh, Brewers to be not quite as bad as people think and for the pre-season hype teams like Yankees, Cubs, Boston, Astros to be mortal.

Remember a really good baseball team only wins 60% of the time meaning they still lose 40% of the time. Conversely bad teams still win 4 out of ten. I don't think any team will be as bad as Detroit was last season or as good as the record setting Mariners a few years back. Most teams and most games are going to fall in the grey murky middle. Meaning that out of whack lines will be money in the pocket of the guy who can figure it out.