Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Tiger Woods v Phil Ivey

[ QUOTE ]
But minimizing risk means even action. They want the juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minimizing risk is not the goal unless you are undercapitalized. You set an accepted level of risk and then you try to maximize profit given the level of risk you are willing to take. This has been discussed in depth in Sports Betting before. Off-topic for this post ... sorry Dynasty.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 PM

Who is this Tiger Woods guy -- I think I read somewhere that he's the Phil Ivey of golf.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is this Tiger Woods guy -- I think I read somewhere that he's the Phil Ivey of golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice...

JE
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Vu

I see all this talk about Matusow. I know people don't like him. But, this morning I noticed Tuan Vu at the final three tables. I can't stand him. It made my skin crawl. If Tuan "shucksout" to become tha champion, I will have to vomit. I may seriously forswear tournament poker until his career ends in gamblers ruin (I don't think he plays well, he just "gehts rucky" alot) because if I ever sat at a table with him, I don't know if I could control my natural urge to taunt him to tears. That would probably earn me a bad rap as the guy who made Tuan cry that I would never be able to live down.
I can't be alone in my assessment of Vu, can I? Am I the only one that feels this way?
X
Old 07-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Vu

[ QUOTE ]
I can't be alone in my assessment of Vu, can I? Am I the only one that feels this way?
X

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you're not alone. The thread from yesterday had plenty of racists too.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM

you're thinking of the wrong player, but way to show off your racism for nothing
Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're thinking of the wrong player, but way to show off your racism for nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to crack some joke about the Irish not being able to sense sarcasm, but I'll restrain....

Brad
Old 07-14-2005, 01:58 PM

I don't think it's very fair you label me as racist because I make fun of his speech impediment and think his playing style is nothing more than flinging his stack into the middle every time he thinks he can make someone fold. I don't talk that way about Johnny Chan & I don't rank on Ungar because he was Jewish, either. I also deeply respect the play of Hassan Habib. I think they are all great players and would feel honored to sit at the same table with them (if Stu was still alive). I think you have no better way of defending Vu's playing style, probably similar to your own, without going for the cheap shots.
X
Old 07-14-2005, 01:58 PM

I've got three words for you: No Money Down
Old 07-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Do I really have the wrong guy? How Embarassing.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread