Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Goal Setting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So currently the ITM is 56% and the ROI is 31%. Small samples, but it is what I have. Any constructive help would be appreciated. Sorry if my relative newness to trying to make money at poker and stupied questions offend your senses...

JE

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement, and underlying insinuations reflect your utter lack of understanding for poker in general, and for sure reflect your experience.

But if you want.

Yes, your stats are sustainable. Why do you ask, you obviously don't need to know. If you just want to boast your results with a small sample size, then take it to the water cooler.

If you want to come and talk SNG strategy, then stick around. We're not here to pat you on the back, or s*** your d***. I've played over 3,000 SNGs just this year. My game is very fluid. I'm not aware of my true ROI, because it doesn't exist.

But, if you play SNGs on Party (and to some extent on other sites), you'll find a lot of good strategy discussions about individual hands played. If that is of interest to you, then welcome to the forum. I'm sure the resulting information gleaned will improve your Long Term ROI, whatever it may be.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, I am not trying to boast about results. I am only trying to figure out if I am playing at the right level, maximizing my time, etc. I am sure that almost every one of you guys can pull 100 games from your history and destroy the numbers that I posted. I have read a great deal of these posts, and I don't claim to understand all of them in the least. Like I said, I am sorry if the original question was stupid, I am just trying to get a feel for what all of the numbers mean toward the level that I should be playing at etc...

JE
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry, I am not trying to boast about results. I am only trying to figure out if I am playing at the right level, maximizing my time, etc. I am sure that almost every one of you guys can pull 100 games from your history and destroy the numbers that I posted. I have read a great deal of these posts, and I don't claim to understand all of them in the least. Like I said, I am sorry if the original question was stupid, I am just trying to get a feel for what all of the numbers mean toward the level that I should be playing at etc...

JE

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I have an answer/solution to your question. Just follow bankroll guidelines. That will guide you the best.

Here's a decent example of one to follow:

$10+1s $300-600
$20+2s $600-900
$30+3s $900-1500
$50+5s $1500-3000
$100+9s $3000+

I think you probably get the picture. The most important rule is to follow the bottom side of the bankroll guideline.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba
Old 06-22-2005, 01:00 AM

But surely you must realize that none of us can even guess what your ROI will be or if you are playing at the right level?

Only way you will find out is by testing yourself.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 AM

Thank you...

JE
Old 06-22-2005, 01:04 AM

Probably searchable, but how do these suggestions convert when doing 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 tables? Assuming you can inter account xfer, probably not too much higher?

Also probably searchable, but when is roi supposed to be correct to within +/- 1%, 2%, etc.? I remember reading 5k is what it takes to really know, but how accurate is 1k?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:05 AM

Thanks for the help. I guess I was asking what some of yours was and when you knew it was time to move up. Chuck helped with a generic table and that was great. Obviously if I am negative, I am at the wrong level, but I read some of the posts from guys at 20+% and just wondered how long you should sustain that level to move. No big deal, I'll get it figured out, just looking for a push in the right direction. I got pushed, hope the direction was ok..

JE
Old 06-22-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably searchable, but how do these suggestions convert when doing 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 tables? Assuming you can inter account xfer, probably not too much higher?

Also probably searchable, but when is roi supposed to be correct to within +/- 1%, 2%, etc.? I remember reading 5k is what it takes to really know, but how accurate is 1k?

[/ QUOTE ]

The upcoming STT FAQ will have results that will answer your statistical questions.

With regards to multi-tabling, I don't think the br guidelines waver because of how many current games you're playing. Just follow them.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:14 AM

As long as your bankroll grows, thats basically all you need to know. And when bankroll permits, move up. If it continues to grow you continue at that level until you have bankroll to move up again. If it shrinks below the bankroll for your current level, move down.

The big reason one shouldn't stare at ROI is that it isn't stable even when you use long series (such as 500). I can have a ROI of 25% over a 500 game period only for it to be followed by a ROI of 1% over 500 games. Sure you can use it to find out if you are winning or not, but the only thing you need to establish that is the cashier.