Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 12-27-2005, 08:45 AM

Default The mjaor problem of my poker play! Please help!

Hallo!

I play poker for about 1 year and had learned much. I am definetly wining player (bcoz from my first 30$ deposit I made 5000$ in 6 months), BUT my bigest problem is not to calculate the odds or whatever, it's DISCIPLINE [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I am playing only NL texas , rare PL texas, I cant remember any tilting sessions in my carreer of playing, but sudanly in midle of session I do some FUNY things... example: NL tourney with re-buys, buy in 10$, 279 players, 20 left,I made it to this point only with buyin! I have 2x avarage stack and raise it 3xBB with A10s from midle position guy who had 2/3 of my stack go all in and I CALL!!! I perfectly know that I am beaten but still call! WTF after few seconds I thought why on earth I did it?? I cant find any reasonable answer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Same in cashgames, 70% of time I play my A game, but sudanly again... A10s in raised pot with A on flop my head starts to think "He definetly had KK and no way Ak, I must reraise!" WTF! WTF! And such play I made when I had deep stack against short stacks, and of course after few hits like that I am not so deep stack anymore, and few seconds after this %^#$^^%^$#$ I think why on earth I did IT? And cannt find answer [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
So as I realized I must remember such situations and stop doing this, but 10 min. ago I did something like that, not sooo horible but after re-thinking that hand I saw clear fold and not call.
I know that only I can change it but maybe some of you had same experience and maybe some players with greater experience can suggest something, bcoz I am really want play better and make a zilionbilion$...
Any thoughts, any sugesstions welcome!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: The mjaor problem of my poker play! Please help!

If you're making rash decisions then realizing your mistakes take your time. Sit on your hands if you have to but think about every hand.

Who you are playing.
What position
How much to bet
What is his hand.
Can he be bluffed.
And so on.

Take.... your..... time.... and think.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:00 AM

Harold Wong, is that you?

I think the best advice is to take more time on your big decisions. 5 seconds vs 1 second. Won't solve all your problems, but should get you away from at least SOME of the hands you shouldn't play.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:13 AM

Honnestly i don't know if any of these advice are helping you but if you built 5k out of $30, we do agree that you played at the very least 50k hands and probly more.

My guess is : boredom.

Poker gets boring sometimes and we keep playing only for EV, we all know that (and improving, but when you're bored and still plays, you play for EV, not improving). You know that you're about to make a mistake but still do it because you want action and it's always fun to steal a pot, from time to time or whatever. Or you're like, awww, i'm probly beaten PF but i like this hand and don't feel like folding and waiting another orbit or 2 before playing (all of this occuring in less than a split second because you're so used to this kind of situation) and you click in because some part of you is still playing because the game is fun and challenging.

Mistake free poker is non-existant. Working on a mistake free poker is existant.

.fs.