Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:08 PM

Default 10/20NL 6max, Deep stacked. Decision time

No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (5 handed)

Hero ~($7700)
Villain ~($7400)

SB is a good tricky player (27/16 after~300 hands). I think he plays usually with higher stakes(25/50)

Preflop: Hero is on Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG Folds, CO folds, Hero Raises (80$), Villain on SB raises(290$),BB Folds, I call (210$)

Flop: ($600) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets (480$), Hero raises to (1440$), Villain calls (960$)

Turn: (3480$) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets (1720$). Pot is now 5200$, he has 4k$ left and I cover. Comments are welcome. Now what would you do here, and what do you think he has?

Thanks for your thoughts!

-FuzzyLogic
Old 11-17-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: 10/20NL 6max, Deep stacked. Decision time

Have you seen him reraise preflop at all before? With what? Only premium pairs? If not at all, have you only been with him a short time?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen him reraise preflop at all before? With what? Only premium pairs? If not at all, have you only been with him a short time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked my PT stats again and I found ~1400 hands with him. He's 24/16. Open raises with wide range of hands, even from blinds if there are only limpers. Has fired more than once full 3-barrel bluffs etc. But I couldn't find any hand which woulda gone to showdown where he re-raised pre-flop.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:43 PM

It's hands like this (maybe not at these stakes), that I go broke on. Possible hands for villian (A,K,Q,J)maybe AKc and if you're lucky AcJ. Only 2 of these have you dominated. I love his Turn bet regardless. It's just enough to make you make a mistake. A Lederer play. The thing is, he should know that if you call here, he's getting the rest on the river regardless. Because in this instance I am giving him credit (that he is not making a mistake, but playing you), I fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked my PT stats again and I found ~1400 hands with him. He's 24/16. Open raises with wide range of hands, even from blinds if there are only limpers. Has fired more than once full 3-barrel bluffs etc. But I couldn't find any hand which woulda gone to showdown where he re-raised pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, im messing this up. I somehow confused him to another player, with almost the same nickname. So my original description stays. He is 26/16, and I've played with him only 300 hands. He hasnt done anything too crazy.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 PM

If villain isn't very aggressive and tricky, I think there are only three hands he can have here-JJ, AA and AKc. If you don't think he'll bet the river unimproved with AKc I might call the turn bet and fold the river if he bets. Folding here is definitely plausible if:
a) You don't think he's very aggro and would be betting a stubborn KK or a flush draw here
b) You don't think he would block bet AKc on the turn
c) You think he's betting the river with AK

Also, if you put in a pot sized raise on the turn it becomes a lot easier to figure out if he has clubs here and takes a lot of the guessing out of this hand.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:26 PM

Three things make this a great spot to shove it all-in:

-your opponent is tricky
-your opponent is good
-your opponent plays 25/50

All of these point to the likelyhood of you being way ahead and that your opponent might call.
EDIT: I reserve the right to revoke these statements if opponent isn't actually who OP says he is. If he's a typical rock at the 10/20NL, I'll fold because of the PF 3-bet.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:47 PM

i think the hand that best fits the action thus far is AcKc, and he made a blocking bet here on the turn. i dont think he bets out 80% of the pot on the flop with top set (maybe more like 1/2 the pot makes sense), making JJ less likely. AA is obviously possible. that being said, id get all of my money in there.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, im messing this up. I somehow confused him to another player, with almost the same nickname. So my original description stays. He is 26/16, and I've played with him only 300 hands. He hasnt done anything too crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes me think that shoving it all-in is a good move. I stand by my original post.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:32 PM

get em in there.....